Permission, Disk issues

• Hello!

First I'm not an "English native speaker" so excuse me for the mistakes...

SO, I have an issue with the Nas i've made with OMV. My issues is:

I try to share a public folder with smb, but every time I try file explorer says that there is a probleme. I've tried many things, i just can't share a folder on this specific HDD disk (what ever the permissions or acl), but on my oder HDD everything works....

I don't know what to do... OMV doesn't raise any exceptions....

Thanks you very much !

PS: Since there are 1.4TB data on this 2TB disk, i can't format it...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello again Outel

Here’s a short article on permissions. Maybe it will help

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Hello,

excuse me for this long time no reply, i had exams.

I've an answer !!! The probleme was that omv could see the disk with folder and files in it, but can't access it. So i've boot on ubuntu and i've found that my disk had a "lock icon" on it. After few research i've found a linux command to fix that something like "chmod -R 777 /directory", I don't really remember...

Thanks for the help,

especially Agricola!

Nice day/night

Au revoir

• Offizieller Beitrag

Glad you found the source of your problems. You probably went a bit too far with 777, which basically means read, write, execute for everyone who has access to your directory. That has potential problems. Something like 755 would be better. Here’s an article explaining chmod, that makes it is easy to get your head around the concept.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!