Cannot add shared folder

• Hello,

I added a user, group "users", mounted a volume and wanted to allocate a space on this volume to this user (under access control -> shared folders).

It returns the error message: "Failed to set file group to 'users' for '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-USB1/John/"

I had similar trouble mounting the USB stick which also returned an error message (forgot what it was) but I went via the terminal "mount" command an et voila the USB is mounted!

Is this a bug?

Some content might be slightly modified to mask personal settings- just to keep the sharks away, you never know :)

• Ok, so this one I can now answer myself after quite some time invested.

But the reason was „simple“: A vFAT formatted USB stick doesn’t listen to any nonUnix permission settings.

Hence it is always mounted as „root“.

Only way out is to format it in a different format.

It does leave the problem of: How do you interconnect with Windows-created USB sticks as a non-root user?

But that’s a general Linux, not an OMV issue...

Some content might be slightly modified to mask personal settings- just to keep the sharks away, you never know :)

• NAS-i-Goreng

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!