pi4 not reachable anymore after crash in install script

• after running

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

my Pi4 is not reachable. It does not even get an IP from the router anymore neither via LAN nor W-LAN.

The installation failed with a networking error, complaining about some .yaml file. I did a reboot via ssh.

From the GUI of the router (Fritzbox) I can see that the Pi4 does not even get an IP. I deleted it from the list of known devices and restarted the Pi4 a couple of times by pulling the power cable.

I had the pi4 configured via ssh and was running home assistant supervised on it. Any ideas what I could try next?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The installation failed with a networking error, complaining about some .yaml file

The output is very important. Hard to help without it.

I had the pi4 configured via ssh and was running home assistant supervised on it. Any ideas what I could try next?

You didn't follow the guide if you already had home assistant running on it. Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

no I followed some blog Post or YouTube video

That would be the first problem.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Sorry I was on holiday and my laptop was broken. Sure in hindsight one is always smarter :)

Zitat

The output is very important. Hard to help without it.

Is there a way I could recover it? I could try pulling the sd card from the pi and search for it. But probably these things don't get logged somewhere?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way I could recover it? I could try pulling the sd card from the pi and search for it. But probably these things don't get logged somewhere?

Nope, it is only output to the screen.

• What you see there is the "/boot" partition on the SDcard. Absolutely normal since it's a vfat partition (FAT32)

To see the "/root", you need to mount the ext4 partition of the SDcard on a Linux system and then search for whatever you want to find.

• argh, true :) damn I think there was still a chance to recover my home assistant configs, but now I went for a complete reinstall...will try to get OMV running now, before I setup HA again.

• Hmm according to Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

I am supposed to use this command for installation, which is exactly the command that led me to this trouble?

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

After typing this in a tmux session on my pi this is the output I get, no change for like 40minutes now:

UPDATE: I now aborted and ran the comand with sudo, now the installation seems to progress.

• Offizieller Beitrag

After typing this in a tmux session on my pi this is the output I get, no change for like 40minutes now:

That is because you can't see the prompt for the sudo password. You really should run a sudo command prior to this OR use sudo before wget.

• Saw this during installation:

Installation finished witht his. Suddenly login via ssh (requires a password), I used to auth via keyfile. I am sure I typed in the correct password for my pi but it was refused. Now it seems to block further connection requests. The pi seems still online and is reachable via ping:

It seems the installation script somehow messed with my ssh config. is there any default password I should try?

Code
    (base) meow@neuronflow ~ % ssh purr
    meow@192.168.187.5's password:
    ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to 192.168.187.5 port 22: Operation timed out
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Saw this during installation:

I haven't seen it cause a problem.

Suddenly login via ssh (requires a password), I used to auth via keyfile.

OMV does change ssh server settings. This is why I recommend doing setup after the install script.

It seems the installation script somehow messed with my ssh config. is there any default password I should try?

The install script did not do this. OMV owns the ssh config. This is well known. Login to the OMV web interface with admin/openmediavault. If that is not working, OMV does not change passwords. So, you will have to connect a monitor and keyboard to login locally. Users must be members of the ssh group to ssh in.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!