Absolute paths of system shares

• I am very much a newby about this stuff. I have a couple of SSDs I want to use for Docker configs in appdata, but I guess to do that I would need to modify existing system share paths (which would be in my ZFS pool I suppose). But in OMV 5 I can't find the basic system shares like Appdata listed.

Also, installing things like dockers, Portainer and Yacht involves inserting paths in commands, but the guides use the path /srv/dev-disk-by-label/data/appdata. I guess that sort of path is automatically mapped to the absolute path. How would I set up the mapping of appdata to my SSDs? :/

• I am very much a newby about this stuff. I have a couple of SSDs I want to use for Docker configs in appdata, but I guess to do that I would need to modify existing system share paths (which would be in my ZFS pool I suppose). But in OMV 5 I can't find the basic system shares like Appdata listed.

Also, installing things like dockers, Portainer and Yacht involves inserting paths in commands, but the guides use the path /srv/dev-disk-by-label/data/appdata. I guess that sort of path is automatically mapped to the absolute path. How would I set up the mapping of appdata to my SSDs? :/

/srv/dev/etc.. is the absolute path, it gets created every time you create a shared folder. I don't use ZFS, but if you go to Shared Folders, click the "arrow" on one of the columns ad choose "more columns", one of the columns you can enable is absolute paths.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• Many thanks. The problem is that in Shared Folders I only see my user data shares (photos, etc). I assume that the system shares (appdata, etc.) are all on my system drive, but I don't know how I could access them and alter them, including moving appdata to my SSDs.. I assume I might be able to do that in the shell.

By the way, I have 2 SSDs, but I assume I could use only one of the for appdata. I have a 4 x 4TB ZFS pool for my data, a 120GB NVMe system drive and the 2 unused SSDs.

• Many thanks. The problem is that in Shared Folders I only see my user data shares (photos, etc). I assume that the system shares (appdata, etc.) are all on my system drive, but I don't know how I could access them and alter them, including moving appdata to my SSDs.. I assume I might be able to do that in the shell.

By the way, I have 2 SSDs, but I assume I could use only one of the for appdata. I have a 4 x 4TB ZFS pool for my data, a 120GB NVMe system drive and the 2 unused SSDs.

Most appdata folders are fairly small as they are just config directories. Exceptions would be mariadb (if the database is large) and a few others.. Also note where your containers are installed.. This the folder that more often that not fills up OS drives. I would use one of the 120gig drives for appdata and your containers folder, and see how that goes.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!