Using Native NTFS Driver.

• Paragon has released a native ntfs kernel driver. How can I use it instead of NTFS3G? I tried to mount the disks manually, but then they are not visible in OMV.

OMV 5.x, Intel Xeon E5-2630L v3, 16GB ECC REG, ASUS X99-E, 3x6 TB + 2x3TB + 4TB hard drivers with NTFS.

• What does the documentation that came with the driver say?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Mounting is carried out by the command like (link to documentation)

Code
    mount -t ufsd /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1

This command works, the file system appears mounted in the "File Systems" tab, but it cannot be selected in the "Shared Folders" creation interfaces

OMV 5.x, Intel Xeon E5-2630L v3, 16GB ECC REG, ASUS X99-E, 3x6 TB + 2x3TB + 4TB hard drivers with NTFS.

• OMV will not display drives mounted in the CLI in any drop down list. They must be mounted in the OMV web GUI for them to appear for selection.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I seem to have managed to make a semi-working solution. I added a new UFSD filesystem backend. There are some problems, such as the need to manually edit configuration files and the fact that NTFS is still displayed in the file system interface (OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Manager::enumerate() bug), but in general it looks working.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I added a new UFSD filesystem backend. There are some problems, such as the need to manually edit configuration files and the fact that NTFS is still displayed in the file system interface (OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Manager::enumerate() bug),

I wouldn't call it a bug since you are trying to have two backends for ntfs even though one is mounting it different. I would say that current ntfs backend could be modified for the ufsd filesystem but I don't know how it would know which one to use. This will be much easier once paragon's driver is actually included in the kernel.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!