NFSv2 Support with OMV 5

• I have some very old servers that only support NFSv2. I have migrated from OMV 3 to OMV 5. I am unable to get OMV 5 to support NFSv2.

• I have manually set the RPCNFSDOPTS to support NFSv2 and it works.....but it of course get's overwritten upon reboots.
    • I have tried to manually set a variable for NFSD in "/etc/default/openmediavault" called OMV_NFSD_RPCNFSDOPTS and followed the procedures for a custom configuration. The variable never gets written to /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server. My guess is that this variable is just not available/supported to be written to the ".../nfs-kernel-server" file.

I am out of ideas. Can someone point me in the right direction for enabling NFSv2 support with OMV 5?

• If you run omv-env list | grep OMV_NFSD in the shell, the variable you want to set is not among those supported in OMV 5.

Maybe if you submit a feature request or submit a PR it could be added if found to be acceptable.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I don't know whether OMV 4 supports NFSv2 or not.

Unless you already have a working OMV 3 install, I don't think it's possible to install it now as all the repos have long been shuttered.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have tried to manually set a variable for NFSD in "/etc/default/openmediavault" called OMV_NFSD_RPCNFSDOPTS and followed the procedures for a custom configuration. The variable never gets written to /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server. My guess is that this variable is just not available/supported to be written to the ".../nfs-kernel-server" file.

You can't just create variables to change config files. This file changes /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server every time and completely manages the file. Hence why your changes are overwritten. Since there is no RPCNFSDOPTS in that file, an OMV code change is necessary to add this. OMV 4.x does not have this either. As you have found, the default nfsd config disables nfsv2

aaron@omv5dev:~$ sudo cat /proc/fs/nfsd/versions

-2 +3 +4 +4.1 +4.2

I have some very old servers that only support NFSv2

What kind of servers are these? They must be ancient since nfsv3 was created in 1995.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes....they are certainly old.....but very dependable and easy to work on . SCO OSR504 and OSR506.

Well.....I think I have an old OMV 3 VM laying around. I hate to use something that old but looks like I don't have much of a choice until a code change is performed. Thank you for your quick replies!!!

Can you point me in the direction of submitting a feature request or PR in regards to NFSv2 support?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you point me in the direction of submitting a feature request or PR in regards to NFSv2 support?

https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues

Yes....they are certainly old.....but very dependable and easy to work on . SCO OSR504 and OSR506.

You could probably install Linux on those boxes : )

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!