email Notifications with attachment via script

• Hello friends of OMV :)

i made a simple script for a rsync job, ther pulls Data from my Synology to my OMV box.

This works as suspected :thumbup:

Now I want to get an email with a summery in the end of the job.

My rsync job looks like this (rsync.log for OMV interface and rsync.txt for email attachment):

rsync -ahv --delete --stats --log-file="/var/log/rsync.log" --log-file="/var/log/rsync.txt" -e "ssh -p 222 -i /etc/ssh/openmediavault-06d0beb8-a3dc-4bde-a404-1092fc1810b3" MyUser@192.168.1.6::Thumbnails /srv/afece2ad-7c23-492c-a29c-69657c1f5d0d/Syno_Backups/Thumbnails/

As I read here, OMV uses "mail" as a Linux command to send mails.

After a few tries with -A (like described here), I found out, that it has to be a small -a bevore the mail address.

So I try to use this after my rsync:

echo "rsync finished. Find output attached as rsync.txt" | mail -s "rsync finished" -a "/var/log/rsync.txt" MyPersonal@mail.com

But this does not work.

I testet without attachment, and this worked like a charm, but with -a and and attachment it did not work.

My email just looks like this (without attachment):

After a search for help I found this site, but I cannot get this working in OMV :(

Can anybody help me getting a short mail with the rsync log in the end?

Best would be with subject If it failed or succeeded ;)

Any help appreciated :S

Thank u

7.0.4-2 (Sandworm) // ASRock J5040-ITX with Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver J5040 CPU @ 2.00GHz // be quiet! ATX 500W (BN46) // 2x4GB Samsung M471A5244BB0-CRC

Fractal Design Node 304 // 4-Port PCIE to SATA 3.0 ControllerCard // 1x 128GB SSD for OS and 2x 4TB, 1x 5TB and 3x 8TB HDD as one big fuse.mergerfs space (no need for raid parity)

• Aaaaand IT WORKED :thumbup::)

Thank u very much.

I think i forgot to read the little small lines in my links :rolleyes:

Tested with s-nail and it workes like a charme.

Problem solved :S

7.0.4-2 (Sandworm) // ASRock J5040-ITX with Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver J5040 CPU @ 2.00GHz // be quiet! ATX 500W (BN46) // 2x4GB Samsung M471A5244BB0-CRC

Fractal Design Node 304 // 4-Port PCIE to SATA 3.0 ControllerCard // 1x 128GB SSD for OS and 2x 4TB, 1x 5TB and 3x 8TB HDD as one big fuse.mergerfs space (no need for raid parity)

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!