Torrent + Proxy + VPN = Seeding on Private Trackers

• Goal: Run a bittorrent container (preferably QBittorrent) through Private Internet Access via a proxy in order to seed on a private tracker. Myanonymouse limits access from your home IP so I need to download (from my laptop) and seed (from my NAS) through a proxy in order to have the same IP.

What I Have So Far: A kind soul on Reddit supplied me with the following stack which I have already edited to my purposes:

After the Stack is Deployed: I deployed the stack and here's a screengrab of my containers in portainer: https://ibb.co/871TDzf

"Transmission" Container: Seems to be running fine but for good measure here are the logs: https://pastebin.com/gLNSRRz5

"Torrent" Container: Seems to be the problem. Here are the logs: https://pastebin.com/N8RcL8bj

My Ask: Would anyone be kind enough to help me weed out the problem and get this up and running? These forums have already been incredibly helpful. I am grateful for this helpful and self-less community.

• Call me crazy but... why don't you just install the haugene-transmissionvpn container (which works perfectly with PIA, I've used it for years)... and route any other container you need behind the transmissionvpn container?

Pretty sure Technodad did a video on just this thing.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• Call me crazy but... why don't you just install the haugene-transmissionvpn container (which works perfectly with PIA, I've used it for years)... and route any other container you need behind the transmissionvpn container?

Pretty sure Technodad did a video on just this thing.

Thanks KM for your response! You're already bumping up against the limits of my knowledge with this suggestion. I assume that if I used this container, I could use the required proxy container behind it? Would you be willing to provide me a stack so I had somewhere to start? Thank you!

• Thanks KM for your response! You're already bumping up against the limits of my knowledge with this suggestion. I assume that if I used this container, I could use the required proxy container behind it? Would you be willing to provide me a stack so I had somewhere to start? Thank you!

I'm at work at the moment, but here's the video...

RE: Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

I remember testing it just for grins, and it does work (obviously he doesn't use PIA, but again it should be easy enough to adjust that). Essentially what you do is set up transmissionvpn, get it connected to the VPN, and then route all the traffic for the other containers (lidarr, radarr, etc..) through it. The easiest way, IMO.. is get haugene-transmission online and know it is behind your VPN... then just add one container at a time to the haugene stack, and set them up..

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• I don't understand the role of the proxy in this setting. Care to elaborate?

As for Qbittorrent, if you still prefer it I run multiple instances of:

markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn

It appears it is also capable of using a proxy.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

Edited once, last by gderf ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!