Less detailed email notifications from fsarchiver

• I have scheduled a periodic backup job using fsarchiver, but the resulting output is unnecessarily detailed for me, I just need to know that the job was executed, or just show errors. Is it possible to set this up in OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It would require a code change since the plugin is purposely using the verbose flag.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I added fsarchiver to the plugin three years ago and the verbose flag has always been there. And it only uses one 'v' which is the least amount of verbosity. You are the first to ask for less info.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I added fsarchiver to the plugin three years ago and the verbose flag has always been there. And it only uses one 'v' which is the least amount of verbosity. You are the first to ask for less info.

OK then, two's company... ;)

I also don't need to know every single file that has been backed up every week. Like "Trottel", I would prefer just getting the info if everything went well or if there were problems (so I don't want to disable the email notification completely). But I keep an archive of my mails, so I would prefer shorter mails.

Would it be possible to move the "v" option into the backup -> settings tab? It could still be default, I would just like to be able to switch it off.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would it be possible to move the "v" option into the backup -> settings tab? It could still be default, I would just like to be able to switch it off.

Sure. Just don't know when I will be able to get to it. I need to see how that setting would apply to the other backup methods.

• Offizieller Beitrag

6.1.1 is in the repo and has a verbose checkbox.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!