restore omv-backup created by the plugin ??

• hi guys, something broke my omv install,

i had automatic backups enabled using omv-backup plugin to one of the attached hdd,

(i dont remember which method i used, i think it was rsync, but im not sure)

i reinstalled omv and installed openmediavault-backup plugin, i had the latest release installed and latest release is running again,

but now im stuck, i dont know how to restore my backups, i dont even know where to begin, i hoped there would be an restore function, but there is none.

how can i restore this backup?

sry if this is a stupid question,

can someone pls help me get this going again

• i hoped there would be an restore function,

The plugin can't have a restore function since the OS can't be running when it is restored.

how can i restore this backup?

There are a couple of good threads and how tos on this forum.

How to restore from an omv-backup?

How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD

omv 5.6.18 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.3 | kvm plugin 5.1.7
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• just did a clonezilla backup, should be easier getting up and running in the future

That is what I have always recommended. There is no way to make the restore from the backup plugin any easier. Did you even try to restore from the threads I linked to? Just trying to figure out what didn't work.

omv 5.6.18 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.3 | kvm plugin 5.1.7
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• i read your instructions, but i wasnt even sure which method i used in the original backup plugin,

also i didnt really understand what all the commands mean so i decided to go for a fresh install

since i had almost everything running in dockers and the case i had the backup data, restoring was really easy and fast.

for the future i will use clonezilla and the backup plugin,

thx for your help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!