Same list of updates every day on Pi 4

• Hello all

Every day I see the same list of updates on my Pi 4 OMV:

I think it's related to this RE: libapt-inst2.0 1.8.2.2 installation problem

Any clues whats going on ?

Thx

• Here the same problem.

Everiday come with the same updates on my Pi 4 OMV.

No error during installation.

Raspberry Pi5 (8Gb)

Version: 7.0.31 (Sandworm)

Processor: Raspberry Pi 5 Model B Rev 1.0

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-rpi8-rpi-27126.4.4-6.4.4-1 (Shaitan) (Shaitan)6.4.4-1 (Shaitan)

• Additional information to previous post.

Raspberry Pi5 (8Gb)

Version: 7.0.31 (Sandworm)

Processor: Raspberry Pi 5 Model B Rev 1.0

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-rpi8-rpi-27126.4.4-6.4.4-1 (Shaitan) (Shaitan)6.4.4-1 (Shaitan)

• Hi all,

I've never had an email notification regarding APT updates. I do updates myself from time to time either via web access or ssh.

I updated OMV to the latest version (minor update as it was updated last time probably a week ago or so) on Saturday and since then I received emails with CRON-APT notifications that some packages will be updated (automatically by the system as I understand).

However I logged in via SSH later on Sunday and found out that the packages listed in the email were not updated, so I did it manually.

This morning I received another OMV email notification about APT updates of the same packages (email is called CRON-APT if that helps).

Will try other solutions listed in this thread already, but it seems like it's a bug in OMV which should be solved.

Thanks.

Greg

OMV7 on RPi4B, WD elements 4TB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von greg77 ()

• I have had the same problem for at least two weeks. So far I have tried rebooting after installation or performing the update from ssh (command line) but it doesn't seem to be resolved. The solution proposed by warmup could bring problems in the future, that's why I decided not to try it.

• ...so basically apt and apt-get are downloading the same version, just from different depos?

While annoying - at least this means the modules are not being downgraded, and stay on the latest revision.

This may be the storm I will just wait out instead of modifying source files.

• Sounds like it

I am confused then why people on this thread expecting this to be fixed by OMV

Maybe because the repo lists are maintained by OMV? I presume if the same packages are in OMV and Debian repos one of them (I guess Debian one) should be commented out....

• Maybe because the repo lists are maintained by OMV? I presume if the same packages are in OMV and Debian repos one of them (I guess Debian one) should be commented out....

I am no a repos expert, but don't see how OMV has control over this issue.

If it had control, then we'd be able to simply fix it. But removing either debian and raspberry repos does not sound like a good option.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!