Ease of use

• Ive been in IT for 40 years and I can tell you that I have not found an easier system to use or more flexible and more stable than this OpenMediaVault software. I spent many years experimenting with various software trying to create a NAS that was flexible enough I could use it for something other than a NAS. OpenMediaVault has proven to be more then I ever expected. After running it for two years I can give it 5 stars. I really cant find anything negative about the system which is quite amazing in itself. All I can say is thanks. I cant believe its free.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I agree.

When using Windows Home Server, after being abandoned by M$, I went looking for a good open source replacement. I found OMV and was simply amazed at what it could do, out of the box, AND at the smorgasbord of add-on's that would have cost a small fortune in the M$ environment. I too was amazed that it was free. (I donate to support the project from time to time but still come out far, far ahead.)

The bonus is, hardware requirements for Linux and OMV's GUI are so light, the PC's resources are applied to what they should be used for, server functions, not a bloated GUI.

• I've been running OMV since the first public release. All it ever does is just sit there, serving files and retrieving backups.

OMV 5.6.26-1 (Usul); Shuttle XPC SH67H3; Intel Core i5-2390T; 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM; 128GB SanDisk Z400s SSD (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (primary storage); WD Red 2TB (backup and archive storage).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!