Cannot add shared folder from new disk

• Hi!

I have issues adding a new SMB share for my second HDD.

System:

OMV 4.1.36-1 (Arrakis)

Linux 4.19.0-0.bpo.9-amd64

I don't use any RAID!

/dev/sda: System SSD

/dev/sdb: WD HDD (no issues)

/dev/sdc: Toshiba HDD (issues)

sdb and sdc are LUKS encrypted. I can encrypt them both in omv:

Then checking in the shell everything is fine and mounted:

Bash
    # lsblk | grep 'NAME\|sdb\|sdc'
    NAME        MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE  FSTYPE      MOUNTPOINT                   LABEL MODEL
    sdb           8:16   0   7.3T  0 disk  crypto_LUKS                                    WDC WD80EFAX-68L
    └─sdb-crypt 253:0    0   7.3T  0 crypt ext4        /srv/dev-disk-by-label-wd8tb wd8tb
    sdc           8:32   0   1.8T  0 disk  crypto_LUKS                                    TOSHIBA DT01ACA2
    └─sdc-crypt 253:1    0   1.8T  0 crypt ext4        /srv/dev-disk-by-label-ts2tb ts2tb

In /etc/fstab the new drive doesn't appear:

Bash: /etc/fstab
    [...]
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/wd8tb /srv/dev-disk-by-label-wd8tb ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Of course I could add a new line but that's not the real issue. I'm struggling with this screen:

What do I have to do to make the hard drive appear in Add shared folder/Freigegebenen Ordner hinzufügen?

• Yes, it is mounted here

and here

and is functional in the S.M.A.R.T. settings. But dm-1 is missing here

and in Disk I/O.

/dev/dm-x looks fine:

Bash
    # ls -lai /dev/dm-0 /dev/dm-1
       25338 brw-rw---- 1 root disk 253, 0 Jan 23 13:19 /dev/dm-0
    58068514 brw-rw---- 1 root disk 253, 1 May 31 22:34 /dev/dm-1

Danke soweit für den Versuch zu helfen :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the GUI of OMV: umount and mount the filesystem again. Do you get any error messages?

In case it does not work, what is the output of this command after you mounted the filesystem in the GUI of OMV:

omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint (not sure if this works on OMV4)

BTW you should upgrade to OMV5.

• macom 's advice is of course spot on, but I'm a bit confused as to how this thread started out about /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc but suddenly we're looking at /dev/dm-0 and /dev/dm-1. Aren't those typically RAID arrays? (Not that one should be able to create an array using just one disk.)

• Fractal

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!