Headless Installation OMV image?

• Would it be possible (or doable) to provide a system image to install, much like Raspbian does, so a headless installation could be done? That is, get the OS installed and then a configure procedure could be started from the shell after. For example, on the /boot partition, you would want to "touch" the "ssh" file and provide a wpa_supplicant.conf (etc) for automatic network config. Then, someone could SSH to the unit and resume the configuration.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Debian supports this now if you can use the serial terminal. But if you install on a non-headless machine, you could just move the media to the headless server. Then you have your own image.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I should have specified that I'm using a raspberry PI device. These are much easier to install headless. The ecosystem I have here is mostly MacOS, two raspberry PI devices. If I had an image to burn to the SD card, I could get this up and running quickly.

• This article did not come up in Google searches, but I skimmed through. Looks like it's just a standard image install, then the OMV packages over it. That's a lot easier to do. I flash the SD Card for Raspbian on my Mac, but beforehand I place an "ssh" and wpa_supplicant.conf file in the /boot partition which ensures I can connect to it once it boots.

• Offizieller Beitrag

. I flash the SD Card for Raspbian on my Mac, but beforehand I place an "ssh" and wpa_supplicant.conf file in the /boot partition

You don't want to do that if you can avoid it. It's best to configure the R-PI using SSH with a wired connection.

After the OMV install is complete, configure the wireless interface in OMV's GUI. (That's part of the installation process in the guide.) After wireless is configured, you can move the R-PI to where ever you want it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!