FTP: Failed to retrieve directory listing

• Hey guys,

I'm running OMV 5.6.3 and enabled FTP using this tutorial:

Noob Guide to Enabling FTP Server and Using Filezilla Client (Remote Use)

I'm trying to access my FTP server with FileZilla through my local network (no firewall involved) but always get the following error:

Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

Here is the full FileZilla readout:

I have tried everything and just can not figure this out. Here are screenshots of my settings:

Services -> FTP

Access Rights Management -> Shared Folders:DefaultRoot /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Files/Security_Greenwood/

Privileges for Security_Greenwood:

ACL for Security_Greenwood:

I have even tried entering "DefaultRoot /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Files/Security_Greenwood/" into the Extra Options under Services/FTP but same result.

I'm really at a complete loss at this point and have no idea what I may be missing here. Any help would be truly appreciated!

Philipp

• You will be better off using sftp instead of ftp. It's a simpler protocol and highly resistant to problems of the type you are having.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• It's already enabled. And there is a plugin for it if you want to run jailed.

--

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• Use an sftp client and connect to port 22 for the built in sftp server. Filezilla works fine.

--

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!