FTP: Failed to retrieve directory listing

• Hey guys,

I'm running OMV 5.6.3 and enabled FTP using this tutorial:

Noob Guide to Enabling FTP Server and Using Filezilla Client (Remote Use)

I'm trying to access my FTP server with FileZilla through my local network (no firewall involved) but always get the following error:

Zitat

Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

Here is the full FileZilla readout:

I have tried everything and just can not figure this out. Here are screenshots of my settings:

Services -> FTP

Access Rights Management -> Shared Folders:DefaultRoot /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Files/Security_Greenwood/

Privileges for Security_Greenwood:

ACL for Security_Greenwood:

I have even tried entering "DefaultRoot /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Files/Security_Greenwood/" into the Extra Options under Services/FTP but same result.

I'm really at a complete loss at this point and have no idea what I may be missing here. Any help would be truly appreciated!

Philipp

• You will be better off using sftp instead of ftp. It's a simpler protocol and highly resistant to problems of the type you are having.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• It's already enabled. And there is a plugin for it if you want to run jailed.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Use an sftp client and connect to port 22 for the built in sftp server. Filezilla works fine.

--

• I'm still having this issue. Does anyone have any other ideas?

I have same issue with FTPS server on my OMV server. I try with older Filezilla 3.39.0 version, and it's resolve the 425 issue. Filezilla team change something with TLS, that's why all versions newer than 3.39.0 no longer work.

You can find easily 3.39.0 Filezilla version with Internet (filepuma.com is a trust website).

[EDIT]

I confirm that enable the option 'No session reuse required' (on the third screen capture), that should fix 425 issue.

Now, latest Filezilla and WinSCP versions work fine !

My NAS server: Intel 10300T, Asrock H470M-ITXac, Kllisre DDR4 2x8Go 2666, Kingspec nvme NE-128 (OMV OS), Kingspec nvme NE-512 (Docker Containers), WD101EFAX (4x10To RAID5), Toploong NAS case (Aliexpress), PSU Enhance 300W, Noctua NF-S12 rear fan, Noctua NF-A8 CPU fan with CoolerMaster H116 cooler.

My Docker Containers: Portainer, DuckDNS, Nginx, Transmission-Openvpn, Netdata, Jellyfin, TeamSpeak, Filebot, WatchTower

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von arkansis ()

• It's on the Advanced page of the FTP settings.

Great that worked!!!! I can now connect to my local FTP server if I use the local IP address. However, I am still having issues if I try to use the public IP address:

Any idea what this may all be about now? I have my router forward TCP port 21 to port 21 on my Raspberry pi:

• Are you trying to connect to your public IP from a machine in your NAT'd LAN?

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!