Official Logitech Media Server install

• Hi all, I am trying to install LMS using stacks. I keep getting an error when trying to deploy. I'm not sure why. Any help would be great?

version: "3"

services:

lms:

container_name: lms

image: lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-957d6881-558a-4350-864d-3c03a1d7a2d4:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-957d6881-558a-4350-864d-3c03a1d7a2d4:/music

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-957d6881-558a-4350-864d-3c03a1d7a2d4:/playlist

- /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime

- /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone

ports:

- 9002:9002/tcp

- 9090:9090/tcp

- 3483:3483/tcp

- 3483:3483/udp

- HTTP_PORT=9002

restart: always

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why dont you tell us what the error is?

That HTTP_PORT under ports, does not look right. Are you sure that shouldn't be under environmental variables?

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, looking here... https://hub.docker.com/r/lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver

That is the first thing you did wrong. Notice how in docker run, the "http_port" has an -e next to it... That means it is an environment... so that needs fixed.

2nd... your timezone and localtime time volumes should be read only (this likely isn't an issue, but you'll want to fix this so the container doesn't try to modify your system time)...

- /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

- /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you even read that page?

3rd.. Your paths are wrong.. you need to specify some directories for those to point at.

You're mapping everything to you the root directory of your data drive... that's probably going to cause a problem since some of those directories are supposed to be read only.

Is your music in a subdirectory (ie /uuid/music/) or is it all scattered in the root directory? You might need to change this to make it work properly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Let's try to change this a little bit... Delete the stack and container you have now...

Here's the example on docker-hub

A few minor changes

Only thing I'm really not sure on given the way you posted this, is #12. If your music is scattered throughout the root directory, you're probably going to want to get it under 1 directory, as apparently lms wants RO access on your config and music folders, and RW access on your Playlist folder... That just doesn't work the way you have it laid out.

If you have a user that has PUID/PGID, remove the # in front of those two lines. If you don't, just leave it.

• Wow, I didn't expect this kind of response. So I see where I went wrong with my paths, the music is not scattered throughout my root. it is in /Music . The only question I have regarding KM0201's updated script is don't I need to change the tcp port number to match the HTTP port number since portainer already uses port 9000? again thanks for all the responses everyone.

Regards

Jamie

• - 9000:9000/tcp

Change this one to 9002:9002

Also, the volume for the "config" need to be RW, ;)

• Just fired this and started with no issues:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Change this one to 9002:9002

Also, the volume for the "config" need to be RW, ;)

When I wrote that, I thought... "How the hell is a cofig directory going to be read only". but I was busy at work and was flopping back and forth between like 5 tabs..lol.

Don't write stacks while tired.... It's for the safety of all involved.. :)

• jjfire

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • jjfire

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • I've saw following error message;

what should I do?

Just fired this and started with no issues:

• I've saw following error message;

what should I do?

You can start by posting the STACK you're using in a codebox

• I am not familiar with this code usage. You can find my stack at below. Also I don't know how can I edit the localtime part of the stack? Would you please help me ?

you can see my paths of my shared folders at below

Also have have following error as well

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!