Can`t login to omv

• Hello,

I have a problem for a few days, i have searched all the web and it seems that no one has had this problem,

When I try to login (web) to omv i get this error message

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

also this is the outpu of the command below.

systemctl status openmediavault-engined -l

● openmediavault-engined.service - The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openmediavault-engined.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: signal) since Tue 2021-06-08 15:54:15 EEST; 58s ago

Process: 9477 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/omv-engined (code=killed, signal=BUS)

Jun 08 15:54:15 openmediavault systemd[1]: Starting The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request...

Jun 08 15:54:15 openmediavault systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Control process exited, code=killed, status=7/BUS

Jun 08 15:54:15 openmediavault systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

Jun 08 15:54:15 openmediavault systemd[1]: Failed to start The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request.

If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Thanks

• I'd recommend to provide OMV & OS version + hardware details + last action performed when it worked

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Prolly the /rootfs is full, but my "Crystal Ball" has been giving errors lately, :/

Post the output of df -h inside a "Code Box"

• The omv is

Linux openmediavault 5.10.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.24-1~bpo10+1 (2021-03-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

ii openmediavault 5.6.8-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-flashmemory 5.0.8 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.6.1 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-resetperms 5.0 all Reset Permissions

ii openmediavault-sharerootfs 5.0.2-1 all openmediavault share root filesystem plugin

it is running under ESXI with 4 cores from an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and 10G RAM .

• Your Root is 94% full.

You have to free some space to fix your issue.

Since the overlay is showing the same space, it means you have your docker root configured to /var/lib/docker...

Move the folder to an external drive

• Ok so i have fixed the space issue, ( it was from watchtower who downloaded a bunch of images and never deleted them ) but i still have the login issue ..

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}
  • Today I woke up with lots of errors that my OS drive is full. I have tried clearing cache, docker system prune. The output of df shows my OS system drive is 100% but the output of du -dl -h /  shows ther total size of all folders about 6GB (my OS drive is 20GB), so confused / can't locate where the folder taking up space?

Also my docker is going to an external drive (not my OS drive)

root@omv:~# du -d1 -h /

4.0K /export

0 /sys

4.0K /tmp

0 /dev

6.9M /etc

156K /root

7.3M /run

2.8G /usr

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7283/task/7283/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7283/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7284/task/7284/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7284/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7285/task/7285/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7285/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7286/task/7286/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7286/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7287/task/7287/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot read directory '/proc/7287/net': Invalid argument

du: cannot access '/proc/7306/task/7306/fd/4': No such file or directory

du: cannot access '/proc/7306/task/7306/fdinfo/4': No such file or directory

du: cannot access '/proc/7306/fd/4': No such file or directory

du: cannot access '/proc/7306/fdinfo/4': No such file or directory

0 /proc

8.0K /media

4.0K /config_directory

2.4G /var

205M /boot

4.0K /home

69M /opt

16K /sharedfolders

4.0K /mnt

1.8T /srv

16K /lost+found

1.8T /

• What did you do, before the original issue occurred?

Did you install and remove any package from the CLI?

Well after trying to think what was the last thing i did i remembered that i increased the storage size of the disk where the omv is installed, now i have to do something to make omv extend it`s partition to the entire size of the disk ( from 120 Gb to 200 ). I think this is what broke it..

and by the way, it seems now it crashed, nothing seems to be working on it, not just only the web interface.

thanks

• Hello!
    I have the same problem. Can't login to web gui.

Before that I tried to install OpenMediaVault Extras, ShellinaBox and Docker.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try to clear your browser cache first... on most browsers (while on the log in screen for OMV).. Hold Control and click F5 (or you can use your mouse to click your browsers refresh button while holding Control). Alternatively you can check if the cache is the issue, by trying to log in to OMV from Privacy/Incognito mode. If it lets you log in, you know it's a cache issue.

• Try to clear your browser cache first... on most browsers (while on the log in screen for OMV).. Hold Control and click F5 (or you can use your mouse to click your browsers refresh button while holding Control). Alternatively you can check if the cache is the issue, by trying to log in to OMV from Privacy/Incognito mode. If it lets you log in, you know it's a cache issue.

omv-firstaid does not work :(
    I fixed it in

apt-gett reinstall openmediavult.

I cleared browser cache, cleared OMV cache, the problem was not solved. Then I executed the commands

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-shellinabox

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-docker

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

And everything was fixed! I logged into webgui!

Everything is so fragile... :( Can you please tell me what is safer to make a backup of the OMV every day?

I try use rsync, after that my OMV is crash.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the system is so "fragile" then you are having other issues. Unfortunately it's hard to tell what exactly was wrong since you essentially reinstalled.

If you are using the shellinabox plugin, then you are using a version of OMV that is no longer supported ... So the first thing to fix, is get on a supported version.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!