Next cloud OMV5 RPI

• Maybe I'm totally off base, but i seem to remember reading somewhere that duckdns did not allow subfolders (I've always used subdomains, so I never put it to the test)

When I first follow the guide, I was doing subfolder with no issues.

Only after having it running, I changed to subdomain so, long story shorted: yes, it works but with an access as:

HTTPS://www.yoursubdomain.duckdns.org/nextcloud/

• I also found a different config file to before?

Ok, there's still errors hapening on your config but the one I really don't understand is line #13: 'version' => '17.0.1.1',

It should be 21.0 something.

Also, lines #51 to line #59 must be above line #50. The "config.php" always ends with );

It's better to delete everything and start over. According to your paths, you have to run:

rm -rf /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/Appdata/appdata/swag

rm -rf /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/Appdata/appdata/nextclouddb

rm -rf /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/Appdata/appdata/nextcloud/config

rm -rf /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/Appdata/appdata/nextcloud/data

If you don't have any other files under Appdata other than those folders just delete all:

rm -rf /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/Appdata

After that, simplify the path to a shorter one (you have "appdata" under "Appdata"):

• Thanks Soma,

I've removed everything and started again. I got to the login/install page but now just get:

Error

• Your data directory is readable by other users

Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks Soma,

I've removed everything and started again. I got to the login/install page but now just get:

Error

Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users

Did you reinstall w/ the old data directory? I'm assuming so. Unless you have a reason not to, I would delete all associated directories , then run the stack/docker-compose file, and let it create the directories. If you're gonna start over, really start over

• Did you reinstall w/ the old data directory? I'm assuming so. Unless you have a reason not to, I would delete all associated directories , then run the stack/docker-compose file, and let it create the directories. If you're gonna start over, really start over

I created the docker-compose file using Somas example above after deleting all directories that I could find from my multiple failed installs. ;(

• Offizieller Beitrag

I created the docker-compose file using Somas example above after deleting all directories that I could find from my multiple failed installs. ;(

Also, please post the output of this command..

Code
    ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/media/nextcloud/data
  • Ok my SD card died so i've installed everything from scrratch but I still get:
    Nextcloud

Error

Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.

Nextcloud – a safe home for all your data

The command:

Code

Outputs this:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:/# ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/media/nextcloud/data
    total 8
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jun 15 09:21 Craig
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jun 15 09:21 appdata_ocenhlql2o57
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jun 15 09:21 index.html
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7738 Jun 15 09:21 nextcloud.log
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It appears your drives root directory is set to read/write by everyone. This is a terrible practice, IMO.. but that is another story. I'm assuming when you create the directory /media/nextcloud/data, it is inheriting the permissions of the root directory, thus causing your error....

You can *TRY* this, but I'm not sure you'll have much luck, given the permissions that are above the nextcloud folder..... it might fix the problem.. but there's a good chance at some point the permissions will be overwritten by the root directory again.

You really need to properly set permissions on your drive

Code
    chmod -R 0770 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/media/nextcloud/data

Nextcloud

Error

Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.

Nextcloud – a safe home for all your data

The command:

Code

Outputs this:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:/# ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/media/nextcloud/data
    total 8
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jun 15 09:21 Craig
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jun 15 09:21 appdata_ocenhlql2o57
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jun 15 09:21 index.html
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7738 Jun 15 09:21 nextcloud.log
  • Run instead ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/media/nextcloud

It must be "pi:users" since it was created via the YML but it will have a special flag:

Code
    pi@xxxxxxxx:~ $ ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-label-wolf1/@data/nextcloud/
    drwxrws--- 1 pi   users 248 Feb  2 22:21 data

If you have created the folder previously, it might give issues.

Zitat
    • s – This indicated the setuid/setgid permissions. This is not set displayed in the special permission part of the permissions display, but is represented as a s in the read portion of the owner or group permissions.

Understanding Linux File Permissions - Linux.com

Changing any permissions after it's running, I trust it will create more issues

• KM0201, Tried that command but didnt work. I'm not sure how my permissions have ended up like that! I did have a plugin installed that allowed users to create folders within root, I've unistalled that now.

Soma, this is what I get when i run that command:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:/# ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/media/nextcloud
    total 4
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Jun 15 09:21 data
    root@raspberrypi:/#
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see where the difference in the path matters, since it is complaining about the data drive (which he has marked to /media/nextcloud/data)

His permissions are still completely out of whack (.Nextcloud is my data directory)

• How are you launching the YML? With what user?

What is the output of:

ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/appdata/nextcloud/

• Offizieller Beitrag

KM0201, Tried that command but didnt work. I'm not sure how my permissions have ended up like that! I did have a plugin installed that allowed users to create folders within root, I've unistalled that now.

Soma, this is what I get when i run that command:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:/# ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/media/nextcloud
    total 4
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Jun 15 09:21 data

His command is going to show the same as mine, that's not in debate. It's clearly inheriting permissions from the root directory of the drive.

My hope was the chmod command would change the nextcloud folder, but clearly it didn't. When I'm talking about the root directory, I don't mean root directory of your OS drive (which I think is what that plugin does), I mean the root of the data drive.

What is the output of

Code
    ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/

That is probably going to shoot the same permissions as everything else, thus affecting the permissions of everything under it.

• I don't see where the difference in the path matters, since it is complaining about the data drive (which he has marked to /media/nextcloud/data)

For comparing the Permissions, :)

As you see on your's, it also as the "s" flag.

Yeah, having that plugin sharing the root of the external drive have given weird permissions.

[EDIT]Or maybe it's because He's logged as root and maybe launching the YML as "root"?!?

• Running Command:

Code
    ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/

gives this:

and running:

Code
    ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20A00CCAA00CA7FC/appdata/nextcloud/

hives this:

Code
    total 4
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jun 15 08:58 .
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jun 15 08:58 ..
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Jun 15 08:58 config

When I created myt user profile in OMV I added it to all groups so it does have root access :S

• You seem to use a NTFS drive, correct?

I think it won't do, Linux don't deal with NTFS permissions well.

As far as my knowledge goes, you need a (at least) ext4 filesystem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you saying that NTFS is Not The File System for OMV? :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

You seem to use a NTFS drive, correct?

I think it won't do, Linux don't deal with NTFS permissions well.

As far as my knowledge goes, you need a (at least) ext4 filesystem.

I've never heard NTFS causing this much of a problem, but I'm at a loss as to what else it could be.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!