OMV share not browseable from Windows Server 2012r2

• I recently built an OMV Server V 5.5.1.1. It's on a network but not part of a the Window Active Directory. I am able to browse and map shares to the OMV shares from both Windows 10 and Server 2019 but not Server 2012R2. Is this possible without trying to add the OMV server to the Window Domain.

Thanks

• Macom,

Thanks for the response...

No the Server 2012r2 is not running SMB1. From what I can see, it connects to all other windows network shares at SMB v3.02. It does also support a SMB v2.02 connection to a host. The later versions of windows (10 & 2016, 2019) connect to each other at SMB v3.11 and to the server 2012r2 at SMB v3.02. The connection from these latest versions to the OMV NAS is at SMB v3.11.

I'm suspicious of the SMB negotiation. Is it possible that OMV is not negotiating down to a v3.02 or a v2.02 and stuck at a v3.11? Is this even possible?

I'm assuming that OMV uses the /etc/samba/smb.conf file for making changes to minimum SMB levels but with this warning at the beginning of the file:

# This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)

# WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.

I am not sure if the changes to minimum SMB levels I have made or trying to make are actually taking effect

Any considerations appreciated...Thanks you.

• Sorry missed that on the first read...

I've made the change but that did not help...I ASSumed the problem was SMB related but am now looking at it from an NT authentication problem. I'll report my findings.

Thanks for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!