Plex - Critical: libusb_init failed

• Hi,

Whilst updating my OMV server i found on plex log this

Code
    Starting Plex Media Server.
    Critical: libusb_init failed,

Everything seems to be ok, Watching movies in and out side of my house, any one know what this problem is and how i can fix it?

• Thank you I will delete this thread

There's no need to delete it, in fact I hate people deleting threads and think it's assinine to do such a thing. I wish users deleting their threads was disabled. I have pretty strong feelings on this.

Think about... Let's say you had a problem and found the solution it via a search of your own. Think about what would have happened if that person had done something as assinine as deleted their thread because they got their answer, while not accepting the fact others may run across a similar problem and because he did something like delete his thread... they won't find the answer.

It's just a dick move to delete threads and remove them from the search feature, because you found your answer. That may be a bit harsh, but that's how I feel on it, and it is a major pet peeve of mine w/ some users on this forum.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• There's no need to delete it, in fact I hate people deleting threads and think it's assinine to do such a thing. I wish users deleting their threads was disabled. I have pretty strong feelings on this.

Think about... Let's say you had a problem and found the solution it via a search of your own. Think about what would have happened if that person had done something as assinine as deleted their thread because they got their answer, while not accepting the fact others may run across a similar problem and because he did something like delete his thread... they won't find the answer.

It's just a dick move to delete threads and remove them from the search feature, because you found your answer. That may be a bit harsh, but that's how I feel on it, and it is a major pet peeve of mine w/ some users on this forum.

Yeah i feel the same, i just didn't know if keeping my post up would be agaisnt some rule or not, also for some reason you first post came up in bright red on my phone so i thought you were annoyed or something.

• An just incase someone else has this problem "Critical: libusb_init failed" is to do with USB devices, if you dont have a USB device connected to you Plex Media Server then you dont need to work about this, if you do have a USB device connected to your Plex Media Server then there is probably a problem with the USB device.

• STUKguy

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!