Plex - Critical: libusb_init failed

• Hi,

Whilst updating my OMV server i found on plex log this

Code
    Starting Plex Media Server.
    Critical: libusb_init failed,

Everything seems to be ok, Watching movies in and out side of my house, any one know what this problem is and how i can fix it?

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you I will delete this thread

There's no need to delete it, in fact I hate people deleting threads and think it's assinine to do such a thing. I wish users deleting their threads was disabled. I have pretty strong feelings on this.

Think about... Let's say you had a problem and found the solution it via a search of your own. Think about what would have happened if that person had done something as assinine as deleted their thread because they got their answer, while not accepting the fact others may run across a similar problem and because he did something like delete his thread... they won't find the answer.

It's just a dick move to delete threads and remove them from the search feature, because you found your answer. That may be a bit harsh, but that's how I feel on it, and it is a major pet peeve of mine w/ some users on this forum.

• There's no need to delete it, in fact I hate people deleting threads and think it's assinine to do such a thing. I wish users deleting their threads was disabled. I have pretty strong feelings on this.

Think about... Let's say you had a problem and found the solution it via a search of your own. Think about what would have happened if that person had done something as assinine as deleted their thread because they got their answer, while not accepting the fact others may run across a similar problem and because he did something like delete his thread... they won't find the answer.

It's just a dick move to delete threads and remove them from the search feature, because you found your answer. That may be a bit harsh, but that's how I feel on it, and it is a major pet peeve of mine w/ some users on this forum.

Yeah i feel the same, i just didn't know if keeping my post up would be agaisnt some rule or not, also for some reason you first post came up in bright red on my phone so i thought you were annoyed or something.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von STUKguy ()

• An just incase someone else has this problem "Critical: libusb_init failed" is to do with USB devices, if you dont have a USB device connected to you Plex Media Server then you dont need to work about this, if you do have a USB device connected to your Plex Media Server then there is probably a problem with the USB device.

• STUKguy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • So the error is associated with the USB device --- that's a start.

What is the cause of this error message and how do I correct the plex container setup?

I am using OMV 6.0 on a Raspberry Pi 4 and I use linuxserver/plex to create the container

I used Putty to ssh the Pi 4 and then used lsblk and this returned something like

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-x

I changed directories on the Pi until I was in

dev-disk-by-uuid-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-x

ls showed that the required folders such as /config and /music existed in the correct folders

The config file has the following path on the USB drive

/containers/plex/config

So when setting up the plex containers I use the following path for the /config file

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-x/containers/plex/config.

Is this the correct path or could it be the cause of this error message?

A few days ago I had Plex setup and partially working. I decided to delete the current plex container and create a new one. perhaps that was my mistake!!!!

Sytem: Raspberry Pi 5 running off NVMe memory added via the PCIe slot and with a 1 TB external USB 3.0 NVMe drive.. The OS is Pi 64 bit Lite and I have the latest OMV installed. I am using this setup mainly as a hobby but also as a media server. I am very new to OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

So the error is associated with the USB device --- that's a start.

What is the cause of this error message and how do I correct the plex container setup?

Please read what gderf has linked:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/critical-libusb-init-failed/722159

• Old post I know I get this and plex will not start at all.

Code
    10/02/2023
    6:13:48 PM
    Starting Plex Media Server. . . (you can ignore the libusb_init error)
    10/02/2023
    6:13:48 PM
    DCRT: Failed to open ldso

Just repeats forever. Man today is one of them days I think.

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Need to see the compose and you need to verify that your volumes have correct ownership and permissions.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Need to see the compose and you need to verify that your volumes have correct ownership and permissions.

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• is it something to do with BTRFS? ive never used it and that is the only thing ive changed on this new setup ive used BTRFS and not ext4

• I don't use BTRFS so I have no idea.

Im starting a new wiped everything!!!!!!!!! ext4 time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!