Apply configuration changes

• Hello. Is it necessary to apply configuration changes after every single change when the yellow banner appears, or can we/I make a few changes at a time and then apply? If yes, will it work even if changing sections in the UI and then applying?

Thanks,

IMF

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, and I think so. Try it and see. It won’t hurt anything.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Yes, and I think so. Try it and see. It won’t hurt anything.

Are you sure Agricola ? I have changed multiple settings before applying them before with no issues.

As for moving between sections before applying - I'm not 100% sure but I think any settings made to a section are lost when going to another section (and will show as having reverted when you go back).

• I have another post asking about an error when applying config which I may post to also.

For here, an interesting behavior is that after I reboot after an error from applying config changes, I still get the yellow banner to apply those changes. So, the system must know that changes need to be applied and that need to click apply persists across a reboot.

How does it know that? Does it store that information somewhere and check it when the web portal is reopened?

Thanks, best

IF

• Offizieller Beitrag

cubemin that is what I do. I don’t remember ever switching tabs before applying my work. I’ve never tried it across tabs but don’t know that it won’t work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you sure Agricola ? I have changed multiple settings before applying them before with no issues.

As for moving between sections before applying - I'm not 100% sure but I think any settings made to a section are lost when going to another section (and will show as having reverted when you go back).

Same... I've added mounted 3-4 file systems, and then only Applied Changes at the end and everything was mounted.

Same with adding shared folders, add 5-6, and only Apply Changes when finished, and it was fine.

I'm with you though, not sure about changing sections.

• Thanks for the notes above. Still don't understand then why I get prompted to do the apply immediately after restarting the web admin portal after reboot. It must remember across the reboot. And I can tell it did something, because the listing of the OS should have been 5..6.10 after update, but it was still at 5.5.11 at reboot until I ran the apply again, rebooted, and then it was right. Was that clear? It's hard to explain.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the notes above. Still don't understand then why I get prompted to do the apply immediately after restarting the web admin portal after reboot. It must remember across the reboot. And I can tell it did something, because the listing of the OS should have been 5..6.10 after update, but it was still at 5.5.11 at reboot until I ran the apply again, rebooted, and then it was right. Was that clear? It's hard to explain.

Often that is when an update has been done (usually at the command line level), and it has not been applied yet in the webUI.

If you updated in the webUI.. You'd have been prompted to apply as soon as it was done.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!