OMV 5.x suddenly inaccessible through network except for Samba

• Hi there,

I've been using OpenMediaVault for a long time and am now stumblig upon an issue I can't seem to resolve myself.

A few days ago my OMV machine suddenly became unreachable from the network. It is wired to an ethernet switch and gets the right IP from my main router, but no matter what I try, I can't reach the web login or any of the docker containers running. Samba, however, still works fine and is accessible via any computer in the home. docker ps does show all the running containers and exposed ports, but none of them actually respond when accessing ip:port.

So far, I tried using ping from the NAS to see if it was even doing anything. It then returned "sendmsg: Operation not permitted." After Googling that, I then tried to flush iptables through iptables -F and did iptables -P INPUT, OUTPUT and FORWARD ACCEPT. Still no results unfortunately.

I was also curious if I could use apt-get update and find out that I couldn't. The connection times out.

I then tried omv-firstaid but that doesn't seem to run because it's missing openmediavault.procutils

The strange thing to me is that Samba is working fine which (in my experience) would rule out an issue with the ethernet cable or routing, or am I wrong? I've never changed any firewall settings on the machine itself nor my router, so I'm not sure what's causing it to act this way.

Hoping someone might know the answer to this :)

• woke up to the same issue today myself. smb shares are fine, can access and see them from a windows machine.

However the omv IP doesn't ping, none of the docker services are reachable, and the main omv interface is "offline" as well.

the nic on the mobo has lights, and my UDM pro can see the device and the ip it has, but I can't ping it from cmd.. really odd.

Mine has been running for well over a year with no problem like this previously, the only thing that changed was I tried to add a 10gb nic about a week or two ago and the box would have zero network connectivity with that installed, removed it and went back to the onboard 1gb nic for the time being, and now 2 weeks later, this happens.

• Hello,

I have more or less the same. Even weirder.

For a few days, I can access the OMV interface, but it is impossible for me to log in.

I use a docker with centenary 'Nextcloud, Home Assistant, Nginx).

Until now, I had to connect to docker (Interface Portainer), but as much as possible, I also had access to my containers, but on Nextcloud, I could not connect anymore.

Today, I no longer have access to docker and the container. I rebooted thinking that might fix it, but it's still the same.

I still have access to my Samba file share, FTP.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!