OMV 5 does not resolve single-name (dotless) hostnames on the local network whereas OMV4 does.

• Hi,

So I have a couple of vanilla OMV 5 boxes join the fold on two different networks & two different domains.

Let's say these local networks are mydomain1 and mydomain2. The domain names are configured correctly in the webgui. Network config is ipv4 dhcp ipv6 disabled.

I noticed common to both OMV5 installs out of the tin from a shell the following behaviour:

Code
    host someclient

would fail whereas

Code
    host someclient.mydomain1
    host someotherclient.mydomain2

would succeed and resolve a client on the local network/domain to the correct ip.

On my OMV4 systems both of these would resolve correctly out of the tin as expected.

I fixed this by adding the line:

Code
    Domains=mydomain1

to /etc/systemd/resolved.conf

(and of course mydomain2 on the second box)

So my whole file now looks like this:

And now the behaviour of the OMV5 installations matches that of the OMV4 ones.

I believe this to be down to the default behaviour of systemd-resolver.service which OMV5 has moved to?

My question is should this be handled by the domain config in the webgui? If so then I would suggest this is a bug.

If, however, it was intended that moving OMV5 to systemd should inherit the default behaviour of systemd then it's more of a gotcha because the behaviour is now different than that of OMV4.

Either way here it is for those that may also come accross this issue.

Regards,

Andy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!