omv tool documentation

• Thank you,

I had also noticed that the file was automatically reset.

but more than that probably has to do with Saltstack I got by reading source text so far not out.

Saltstack is new to me in the world of config orchestration.

is there somewhere a documentation for

omv-salt

and the other /usr/sbin/omv-tools

my research so far:

omv-env

omv-update aka omv-upgrade

apt update/upgrade

omv-mkconf

Shell script that accepts arguments. The name of the argument is related to the service it configures. ie: omv-mkconf samba, omv-mkconf sharedfolders and so on. The arguments are all files located in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf folder.

omv-engined

RPC daemon that runs all the php backend code. The nginx web server connects to this daemon through the fastcgi php socket. If an error appears in the web interface that indicates no connection to the php socket means the daemon is not running.

omv-firstaid

omv-salt

DEV

omv-confdbadm (Database)

omv-rpc

This tool can execute rpc commands. This is identical of what the web frontend uses to set/get information. It accepts service, method and parameters. RPC services can be found listed in engined/rpc folder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Moved to a new thread since it was off topic from the upgrade thread. Seems you have found the docs for the tools. omv-mkconf is only relevant for pre-5.x versions of OMV.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• https://openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/5.x/faq.html

What is the omv-salt command for?omv-salt is a terminal console command that is used by the backend of openmediavault to pipe directives and values to service configuration files. The arguments that omv-salt accepts are related to the name of the service it configures. Type omv-salt in terminal, press TAB key, and the terminal will display all available arguments.

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• omv-mkconf is only relevant for pre-5.x versions of OMV.

are you sure? Surprised that Volker didn't remove it yet

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• are you sure? Surprised that Volker didn't remove it yet

All the mkconf scripts have been removed from my OMV 5 and I did not delete them.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

• Offizieller Beitrag

are you sure?

Really? Did you think I was guessing?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!