Recommended firmware, eeprom, etc. updates?

• I usually keep my Raspberry updated with the last software, but don't pay much attention to the firmware and bootloader. For example, my installed bootloader is from a year ago and there is already a newer version.

Is it recommended to always have the last one?

Is omv tested with the default or latest versions?

• Well, there several very different approaches, ranging from "never touch a running system" to "apply changes as soon as possible"

Looking at firmware release comments like https://github.com/raspberrypi…ses/tag/1.20210111.master

1.20210111.master 

Code
    kernel: bcm2835-dma: Move DMA_WIDE flags to 24,25 to avoid conflict
    See: raspberrypi/linux#4053

my personal preference is to apply changes ASAP (while developers are still aware of what they changed and can react to undesired side effects)

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• My approach is usually the first one, but I'm always willing to take the risk if it means better performance and I have a way to go back. Has anyone here tested OMV running with the latest stable firmware?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!