[SOLVED ?!] Failed to update/upgrade OMV5 webgui/nginx fails/forbidden/refused to connect

• I can open all my dockers, but can't open the omv5 webgui directly. #It seems I miraculously fixed this sh*tshow...just posting for confirmation and "next steps"....thanks in advance.

Code
    First error was getting the /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log error: 2021/06/25 00:40:48 [error] 7207#7207: *1 directory index of "/var/www/openmediavault/" is forbidden, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "127.0.0.1"

I looked here: forbidden

I looked here: Team

- tried to reinstall and failed with internal errors

ran and apt update/upgrade command and got:

Code
    I tried this: dpkg --configure -a # same error as above.

ran apt remove lvm2 and this happened:

Code
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
    (Reading database ... 100202 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault (5.6.10-1) ...
    Removing lvm2 (2.03.02-3) ...
    Code
    Now back to this: apt-get install openmediavault
    Code
    That generated similar errors. I couldn't just do the same steps as above, but following an "askubuntu" forum, I needed to rm -rf /etc/lvm2 and rm -rf /etc/lvm    

Then I did an apt purge of the same:

This worked, finally:

Code
    root@omv5:/etc# apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

And surprise... I can now see the webgui!! (whew). Only thing missing now is omv5 extras--- all my dockers are working! (??)

successfully ran:

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash

And bingo I see everything I'm supposed to see there...finally was able to manage Portainer, etc...

I think my installation had been broken for a while, as any upgrade from terminal or webgui gave some errors.. My system feels 100% clean. I am sorry for all the output, but this might help someone else who borked their system.

• I got the same issue apparently...

The ssh works and the VNC as well but nginx is non-updatable... and I cant find a way to get OMV web gui back to work any help would be helpful...

I tried

$ sudo apt install --reinstall --install-recommends nginx

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

1 not fully installed or removed.

Need to get 88.5 kB of archives.

After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.

Get:1 http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/os/linux/raspbian/raspbian buster/main armhf nginx all 1.14.2-2+deb10u4 [88.5 kB]

Fetched 88.5 kB in 1s (153 kB/s)

(Reading database ... 133910 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../nginx_1.14.2-2+deb10u4_all.deb ...

Unpacking nginx (1.14.2-2+deb10u4) over (1.14.2-2+deb10u4) ...

Setting up nginx-full (1.14.2-2+deb10u4) ...

Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

invoke-rc.d: initscript nginx, action "start" failed.

● nginx.service - A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2021-06-27 12:33:39 CEST; 30ms ago

Docs: man:nginx(8)

Process: 18328 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t -q -g daemon on; master_process on; (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jun 27 12:33:39 Minerva systemd[1]: Starting A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server...

Jun 27 12:33:39 Minerva nginx[18328]: nginx: [alert] could not open error log file: open() "/var/log/nginx/error.log" failed (2: No such file or directory)

Jun 27 12:33:39 Minerva nginx[18328]: 2021/06/27 12:33:39 [emerg] 18328#18328: open() "/var/log/nginx/access.log" failed (2: No such file or directory)

Jun 27 12:33:39 Minerva nginx[18328]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Jun 27 12:33:39 Minerva systemd[1]: nginx.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Jun 27 12:33:39 Minerva systemd[1]: nginx.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Jun 27 12:33:39 Minerva systemd[1]: Failed to start A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server.

dpkg: error processing package nginx-full (--configure):

installed nginx-full package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of nginx:

nginx depends on nginx-full (<< 1.14.2-2+deb10u4.1~) | nginx-light (<< 1.14.2-2+deb10u4.1~) | nginx-extras (<< 1.14.2-2+deb10u4.1~); however:

Package nginx-full is not configured yet.

Package nginx-light is not installed.

Package nginx-extras is not installed.

nginx depends on nginx-full (>= 1.14.2-2+deb10u4) | nginx-light (>= 1.14.2-2+deb10u4) | nginx-extras (>= 1.14.2-2+deb10u4); however:

Package nginx-full is not configured yet.

Package nginx-light is not installed.

Package nginx-extras is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package nginx (--configure):

dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Errors were encountered while processing:

nginx-full

nginx

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

No success. I thought it was because I had clone my original SD card but can't find a link between cloning and the upodating...

! Started hacking with ZX81 and I am getting younger everyday like Master Yoda ! ! Raspi is to young generation what ZX81 was to mine ! ! I just love Raspi! Triple bang for the Raspi Foundation ! !And thank you guys for OMV !

• I guess this solved my problem:

Anyone using rpi-clone to automatically "live" backup the whole Raspi boot micro SD?

the /var on the clone SD card was missing due to rpi_clone exlusion on live backup, this was triggering the ERROR and the failure of the webguy nginx server to start.

! Started hacking with ZX81 and I am getting younger everyday like Master Yoda ! ! Raspi is to young generation what ZX81 was to mine ! ! I just love Raspi! Triple bang for the Raspi Foundation ! !And thank you guys for OMV !

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!