error applying config changes - Salt UnicodeDecodeError

• hello,

the topic was opened 1-2 times her but wihout resolution (besides reinstalling, but I dont feel like that).

so when I want to apply a chang ein the webGUI (I tried changing a cron job and deleting a shared folder) I get an error.

I read somewhere to do apt-get update & upgrade becouse the guy had an unfinished pachage.

true : I have that too.

Code
    bart@openmediavault:~# sudo apt-get upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    1 not fully installed or removed.
    After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

but that doesnt go. problem with (as far as I can see) python and some uft-thing. not linux-y or computer-y enough to know what do do now. :)

see apt get error in attachment

apt-geterror.txt

my system information is in attachmentsystemlog.txt

HP Z800 Workstation running OMV.

also running Nextcloud for home home use, Motioneye for CCTV, Ampache for listening my music around the world

Dual CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz

• thank you for the swift reply, but.....

Execute omv-salt stage run setup. Hopefully thsi will fix the issue.

..... unfortunately not

following error comes up

also running Nextcloud for home home use, Motioneye for CCTV, Ampache for listening my music around the world

• Is this an answer to your question?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this an answer to your question?

Partly. I wanted to know which language you've selected during the installation, e.g. geman, english, french, ...

• I’m not sure. 2 possibilities. Or English or Dutch.

But since terminal responds me in English - I guess English

• okay... solved this myself :saint:

after reading and google'ling it came from an error in /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map

so, I made a backup of that file

cp /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map-OLD

and emptied the mtime_map file (with nano and just pressed ctrl+K). It was a guess, but I had a backup :)

then re-ran apt-get upgrade and all went fine 8o

• speeskeek

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • speeskeek

Hat den Titel des Themas von „error applying config changes“ zu „error applying config changes - Salt UnicodeDecodeError“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Can you point me to the information you found? I do not see any connection between the problem mentioned above and /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map, maybe the website will give me some more information.

• It was here ont the forum. Or maybe I googeled to find a salt-locale problem.

I’ll look in my history tomorrow on my work :)

• Can you point me to the information you found? I do not see any connection between the problem mentioned above and /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map, maybe the website will give me some more information.

hello votdev ... the solution was found here on this forum

Cannot install OpenMediaVault 5. ERROR Setting up Salt environment.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!