error applying config changes - Salt UnicodeDecodeError

• hello,

the topic was opened 1-2 times her but wihout resolution (besides reinstalling, but I dont feel like that).

so when I want to apply a chang ein the webGUI (I tried changing a cron job and deleting a shared folder) I get an error.

I read somewhere to do apt-get update & upgrade becouse the guy had an unfinished pachage.

true : I have that too.

Code
    bart@openmediavault:~# sudo apt-get upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    1 not fully installed or removed.
    After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

but that doesnt go. problem with (as far as I can see) python and some uft-thing. not linux-y or computer-y enough to know what do do now. :)

see apt get error in attachment

apt-geterror.txt

my system information is in attachmentsystemlog.txt

• thank you for the swift reply, but.....

Execute omv-salt stage run setup. Hopefully thsi will fix the issue.

..... unfortunately not

following error comes up

• Is this an answer to your question?

• Is this an answer to your question?

Partly. I wanted to know which language you've selected during the installation, e.g. geman, english, french, ...

• okay... solved this myself :saint:

after reading and google'ling it came from an error in /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map

so, I made a backup of that file

cp /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map-OLD

and emptied the mtime_map file (with nano and just pressed ctrl+K). It was a guess, but I had a backup :)

then re-ran apt-get upgrade and all went fine 8o

• speeskeek

Added the Label resolved
  • speeskeek

Changed the title of the thread from “error applying config changes” to “error applying config changes - Salt UnicodeDecodeError”.
  • Can you point me to the information you found? I do not see any connection between the problem mentioned above and /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map, maybe the website will give me some more information.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!