Error Applying Update: Data failed to compile

• I'm trying to apply updates through the gui and am getting the following error output:

Any help is appreciated.

• Can someone please jump in on this? I'm concerned about my instance not being up to date for security purposes, and I don't have the ability to move my data and reinstall without making a significant purchase of equipment or a large cloud backup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm concerned about my instance not being up to date for security purposes

It is failing to apply a hostname change. Why do you think this would be a security issue? No need to freak out and think you have to reinstall. You wouldn't have to move your data to reinstall either. What hostname do you have in the Hostname field on System -> Network -> General?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It is failing to apply a hostname change. Why do you think this would be a security issue? No need to freak out and think you have to reinstall. You wouldn't have to move your data to reinstall either. What hostname do you have in the Hostname field on System -> Network -> General?

Because it's happening after I try to update and it's telling me that I need to apply the update for it to take effect. If you're saying the only thing it's not doing is applying a hostname change that's great, but that's definitely not clear to me as an average user trying to read the error log :/.

The name in that field is "openmediavault.local," and it's the name I decided to use when I set up OMV, so I'm not sure why it would be throwing an error now. I'm guessing it has something to do with the punctuation?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Because it's happening after I try to update and it's telling me that I need to apply the update for it to take effect

That isn't how updates work. Installing the packages is what protects you. Clicking apply in OMV just updates the config files. Very rarely do those config changes have security implications.

If you're saying the only thing it's not doing is applying a hostname change that's great, but that's definitely not clear to me as an average user trying to read the error log :/.

The only error is the invalid hostname error. Hard to make the output useful for experienced people and readable by inexperienced.

The name in that field is "openmediavault.local," and it's the name I decided to use when I set up OMV, so I'm not sure why it would be throwing an error now. I'm guessing it has something to do with the punctuation?

The hostname should be a singular word with no dot. local is your "domain name" and should be in the domain name field with no dot. Change those and click save. Then apply again.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!