UPS Issue omv 6

• As mentioned in the bug report, Debian upstream has cut out the nut plugin in the collectd package. There is a bug report related to that. Unless Debian does not fix that, the UPS plugin is none functional in OMV6.

You may comment to the Debian bug report (989805@bugs.debian.org) to show the need of that fix or maybe this will increase the severity of the bug. Otherwise there is nothing that can be done by the OMV project.

• This is a potential no-deal for Debian 11/ OMV6. I use such plugin as well.

Likewise.

Easy data backup: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, Wetty, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1): backups using Rsync and Rsnapshot - Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole - hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2, and VirtualBox: Testing and playing - Mac user converting to Linux, Debian 10 KDE.

• the UPS plugin is none functional in OMV6.

Why is the plugin non-functional just because there is no collectd plugin? I have used it for years with monitoring disabled. nut works just fine without collectd. I think most people would like to keep a ups on their system and have nut configured to shutdown the server on low battery without pretty graphs than not have the plugin at all.

omv 6.0.5-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.13 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.4 | kvm plugin 6.0
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Why is the plugin non-functional just because there is no collectd plugin?

Because the plugin provides an universal experience including configuration and monitoring of the UPS. If the monitoring part did not work anymore, the plugin is non-functional IMO.

I can temporarily disable the collectd part of the plugin until Debian upstream has fixed the issue.

• Ok, if the plugin is still able to read the UPS status and shutdown after a power loss, I'm not pulling anymore the emergency break :)

I mean it's nice to have graphs but the basic functionality is fine!

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 5.x + omvextrasorg

Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 8GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker), 3x4TB HDD (Data) - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

• Ok, if the plugin is still able to read the UPS status and shutdown after a power loss,

That's all I need it for too.

Easy data backup: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, Wetty, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1): backups using Rsync and Rsnapshot - Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole - hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2, and VirtualBox: Testing and playing - Mac user converting to Linux, Debian 10 KDE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!