lost UnionFS after upgrade

• Upgraded from 4 to 5 and cannot re-create my UnionFS volume.

I see the disks, can select them, assign the name, save, but clicking Apply gives the following error messages. Sorry for formatting - this is the copy/paste from the GUI.

Please advise how to solve this.

• What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "openme|omv|merger"

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Your version of mergerfs is *really* old. Not sure how you ended up that way. What is the output of:

sudo omv-salt deploy run omvextras

apt-cache policy mergerfs

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6

• You must have done something to your system to pin the debian repos at a higher value.

sudo apt-get install mergerfs=2.32.4~debian-buster

• Thanks a lot for this, now I have my UnionFS volume created without errors,

Now I see that all of my Shared Folders have Device "n/a". What will be the best way to fix that? Should I manually change the UUID of mergerfs to the old value [that will match existing Shared Folders config] or I will need to change the UUIDs in the Shared Folders configuration (in the config file)?

• Now I see that all of my Shared Folders have Device "n/a". What will be the best way to fix that? Should I manually change the UUID of mergerfs to the old value [that will match existing Shared Folders config] or I will need to change the UUIDs in the Shared Folders configuration (in the config file)?

That happened because you deleted the mntent refs backing them. You should be able to change just the device in each of the shared folders to the new drive.

• Thanks again for help.

I have successfully brought my shared folders back to life. I manually replaced UUIDs in config.xml to match new mergerfs volume UUID.

Then with Samba/CIFS I had to disable-save-enable all the shares in order to make them accessible, that restored my normal shares, but something is still wrong with the personal user shares - they are not accessible yet :(

I'll need to check if something has changed with this between v4 and v5.

Edit: fixed by changing user's home folders with usermod, again to match new mergerfs volume path.

• AndrewZ

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!