Can't access OMV server through windows

• So yesterday I finally was able to get the OMV server up after fighting a war against my WD Cloud Home for a week. And of course things couldn't just go smooth and start working as I had hoped.

No matter what I do I can't seem to get access to the OMV server from windows. I have read the official guide and also check several different forum threads with similar issues, but following these guides haven't helped me. Whenever I try to access shared folder from windows I'm required to give username and password, and when I put in the username and password that I created in OMV web UI it says that access is denied.

Now I'm just really fed up about all the problems and issues. Is there any way to set the access privileges so that everyone accessing from my home network has complete acccess to shared folder at the OMV network?

Providing screenshot of the settings I believe is relevant.

uRghI3s.png

TCADk50.png

2P2h2P7.png

UXxlAp8.png

U438KkW.png

3zI6rHN.png

q3ojBUC.png

dJZF3Ls.png

11FaOT4.png

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Omv4 is long end-of-life see here https://openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/5.x/releases.html!

Troubleshooting and fixing your issue is here https://openmediavault.readthe…/5.x/troubleshooting.html

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes I know omv4 is old and out of date, but when I was trying to install omv on my WD open cloud home omv4 was the only version I found "ready to install" so to speak. I'm less than a novice to all of this, and have absolute zero experience with linux and things like that. Believe me I tried at least 50 times to install a newer version of both debian and omv, but I couldn't get it to work.

Now the server is at least up and running.

I would love to update the system, but even following the guides step-by-step doesn't seem to be working for me. Is there a way to update to omv5 from within the current system? Or is the only way to once again remove everything and start over? Because I don't think my nerves can take that.¨

So unless it's a really really easy way to update to omv5 from omv4, it's just not going to happen. So if that's the case I dont care if the system is old, if there's huge security leaks or whatever. I just want to be able to access the system from windows. It's not like I plan to store nuclear launch files on there anyway.

• really easy way to update to omv5 from omv4,

the forum contains the necessary info

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• What you think is easy is most likely complicated as *** for me. Like I said in the original post, I was fighting a war basically 12 hours per day for a week to get my HDD to finally accept the "plug-and-play" version I have now.

During this time I have read umpteen forumposts on how-to-install-omv-supereasy-guide, and none of them worked for me. I didn't install an old version because I really really wanted an old version. I installed it because it was the only plug-and-play version that seemed to work for me.

If I was skilled at these sort of things, I would probably find all this easy and think that people like me are stupid as well. But I'm not skilled at this, I'm less than a novice and came to the forum looking for help.

I didn't try once and gave up just to go on the forum and get someone to give me all the answers. I have read both here and at other forums, I have tried everything I could possibly think of three times over, just to make sure I didn't screw up.

For me "a really easy way" would be something like "Download this file -link-, open OMV web, go to updates and upload the file you downloaded - press update and wait 15 minutes"

gNFJUdU.png

That is about the level of knowledge I have about these things. But I haven't seen this option available anywhere when I have searched the forum for ways to install OMV on My cloud.

So I realize that I look incredibly stupid. And yet, I am submitting myself to looking stupid because I need help.

• OMV on My cloud.

is a rather exotic (aka uncommon) setup, without the required skills it will remain an painful exercise

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!