Migrating OMV4 to OMV5: Shared Folders behaviour

• Hi.

I'm testing migration from OMV4 to OMV5 in a test PC, before to do in my working PC Nas.

In OMV4, when I create a shared folder, I can find in the root folder a new folder like /sharedfolders/<My shared folder>.

Why in OMV5, this not happen?

There a way to have that behaviour in OMV5?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why in OMV5, this not happen

It was disabled due to issues when using this option in docker

There a way to have that behaviour in OMV5

Yes, you will have to edit /etc/default/opemediavault and change the line OMV_SHAREDFOLDERS_DIR_ENABLED="NO" to "YES" but do not point docker bind mounts to it.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• This is a really nasty change because an upgrade 4 -> 5 doesn't delete the previous mounts in /etc/systemd/system/local-fs.target.wants

Then when you make a change in the OMV GUI it deletes them all, breaking anything which is relying on them :(

What was the docker issue (can't find any posts that seem to match)? I've been running it using sharedfolders mounts for a few years with no issues.

• It was disabled due to issues when using this option in docker

Yes, you will have to edit /etc/default/opemediavault and change the line OMV_SHAREDFOLDERS_DIR_ENABLED="NO" to "YES" but do not point docker bind mounts to it.

I changed it, but /sharedfolders doesn't appear. I have to do something else?

EDIT:

I solved. I found solution in openmediavault documentation:

Code
    # monit restart omv-engined
    # omv-salt stage run prepare
    # omv-salt stage run deploy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!