Watchtower - Clean up

• Hi,

I cant remember if i have asked this question or not, by the looks of it i haven't

So i am using Watchtower to update my portainer images, is there a way to set it up so that once a month it clears out the old images?

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would you be able to help with this?

The interval is in seconds. Since there's 3600 seconds in an hour, so in the above example watchtower will run every 6hrs, downloading new images and purging old ones. Just keep in mind if the container restarts for any reason, the interval restarts.

My watchtower log from the last few days. You can see when it checks for new images at the said interval, if it downloads a new image, it deletes the old one at that time.

• The interval is in seconds. Since there's 3600 seconds in an hour, so in the above example watchtower will run every 6hrs, downloading new images and purging old ones. Just keep in mind if the container restarts for any reason, the interval restarts.

My watchtower log from the last few days. You can see when it checks for new images at the said interval, if it downloads a new image, it deletes the old one at that time.

Hi,

Thank you, im assuming i just delete my current Watchtower and run this through Stacks?

• Set up a scheduled job in the GUI of OMV to run one of the commands mentioned in this thread:

Cleaning up Dockers

Does this look correct to you? i have choosen every Friday at 12pm to run "docker image prune -a -f" (Had to change from once a month to once a week due to stroage)

• Is watchtower_cleanup not working?

...it is working if i spell it correctly "waptower_cleanup" apprently doesnt do anything?(

• STUKguy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!