How to write plugins for OMW 6.

• Hello everyone!
    Where can I see how to write plugins for OMW 6.
    For starters, I'm interested in a simple plugin with a menu on the left side and the inscription "Hello world!"

It's time for me to switch from the 4th version, but there are not enough plugins.

OMV 4 Arrakis | Kernel 4.16 ... running on
    LINKWORLD LC-820-02B -- GA-N3150N-D3V -- 4x 1,6 GHz 8 GB DDR3 RAM -- OMV installed to INTEL SSDSC2BW05 -- 3x 1TB ST

• Where can I see how to write plugins for OMW 6.

Your best bet is to look at other OMV 6 plugins - https://github.com/openmediava…ediavault/tree/master/deb or https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers (I don't have many ported yet).

For starters, I'm interested in a simple plugin with a menu on the left side and the inscription "Hello world!"

This plugin is about as simple as they get - https://github.com/openmediava…r/deb/openmediavault-snmp

It's time for me to switch from the 4th version, but there are not enough plugins.

OMV 6 isn't going to be released for months. You should consider upgrading to OMV 5.x first. As for not enough plugins, I am working on porting the omv-extras 5.x plugins to OMV 6.x. But if those aren't what you are referring to, care to elaborate what is missing and not solved by docker?

omv 6.0.5-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.13 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.4 | kvm plugin 6.0
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you!
    I have already read your threads about plugins and the difficulties of porting them to the 5th version.

([Thoughts] OMV 5.x Plugin Ecosystem)
    Personally, am I missing NGINX? so I am still on the 4th version.
    I will not go to the 5th, but I will wait for the 6th.
    I have some free time, I will try to remake some plugins for the 6th version.

LINKWORLD LC-820-02B -- GA-N3150N-D3V -- 4x 1,6 GHz 8 GB DDR3 RAM -- OMV installed to INTEL SSDSC2BW05 -- 3x 1TB ST

• Personally, am I missing NGINX?

That plugin caused so many support problems from people breaking the OMV web interface that I did not port it to OMV 5.x. Docker is a much better solution.

I have some free time, I will try to remake some plugins for the 6th version.

I appreciate any help. Let me know about any questions. I am planning on porting all plugins (zfs is still in question because it will have to be massively rewritten) that were available with omv-extras 5.x to 6.x.

omv 6.0.5-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.13 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.4 | kvm plugin 6.0
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Okay.
    I'll try to start with something simple. If there is something, I'll post it here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!