Help im lost

• Hello and help please

Installed omv5 on odroid hc4 on a micro sd. Using 2 4tb drives in raid ext4..............so far so good

Made a backup image to fallback on.

Following techno dad life on youtube.

Setup "one" dir and reset perms.

Installed docker, portainer and yacht............so far so good

Installed Jackett,lidarr,sonarr,radarr,qbitorrent...........now problems begin.

Yacht keeps losing selfhosted template and template settings. Cannot get into the store area

Jackett,lidarr,sonarr,radarr I set them up to comincate works ok. I reboot all settings lost.

lidarr,sonarr,radarr all share a common problem. I cannot point them to root folders for media. /srv/ just looks empty in the apps but in OMV i can see the drive?

I think ive run through the setup 11 times now. Anyone know. Any help?

WARNING: I am very n00b at linux type systems best to state that now. ^^

• Offizieller Beitrag

Show a screen shot of your Symlinks page in the GUI so we can see how your Sources and Destinations are set up.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Agricola

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Everytime I setup symlinks it says "Folder on directory exists!" so i have none setup

Ive also tried "mergerfs folders" with no result so i have none setup

Both see the srv/harddrive directory but docker apps do not see it in GUI.

The docker apps do setup there own directories on the harddrive.

I just dont understand or know how to solve this

Huge thanks for replying

• root@odroidhc4:~# lsblk | grep sd

sda 8:0 0 1.8T 0 disk

sdb 8:16 0 1.8T 0 disk

The 2 drives are in raid 0 mode created under OMV.

Something odd ive noticed is

Under "Disks" i can wipe each drive

Under "Raid" I cannot remove or delete it reports state is clean

Under "file systems" I cannot mount or unmount or delete

• root@odroidhc4:~# nano /etc/fstab

GNU nano 3.2 /etc/fstab

UUID=abcced1c-61bb-4ef3-a5e6-df94459ccb48 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime,defaults,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 1

tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,nosuid 0 0

# >>> [openmediavault]

/dev/disk/by-uuid/e42bb421-b1eb-4289-899c-f39cdc038fc4 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e42bb421-b1eb-4289-899c-f39cdc038fc4 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=a$

# <<< [openmediavault]

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don’t use a Raid setup, and am not familiar with it either, so I don’t know how a Raid configuration would interact with Symlinks. It sounds like you have an underlying issue with how your Raid is set up. Sorry I can’t be any help.

• Took out a hard drive. Now only using sata slot 1 on the board.

Done a fresh armbian buster flash and omv install.

Done the setup all over again and .......................... still the same

Ive made the /srv directory a shared smb and i can browse through the directories but the apps just sees /srv as an empty directory

• It sees the music folder but i cannot appoint it as root folder

Can it be changed or made to work in the config.xml file found in appdata? Is mine correct?

- <Config>

<LogLevel>info</LogLevel>

<BindAddress>*</BindAddress>

<EnableSsl>False</EnableSsl>

<SslCertPath />

<Port>8686</Port>

<UrlBase />

<ApiKey>e9312ca5246a4932b9edb5013f06</ApiKey>

<AuthenticationMethod>None</AuthenticationMethod>

<UpdateMechanism>Docker</UpdateMechanism>

<SslPort>6868</SslPort>

<LaunchBrowser>True</LaunchBrowser>

<Branch>master</Branch>

<SslCertPassword />

</Config>

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you wipe, format, and mount the disk fresh after installing OMV fresh? From the GUI?

I'm sorry but nothing you are showing is registering with me. Are you installing your services with docker-compose yml's on the command line, or from Portainer with images, or with Portainer Stacks?

• Everytime i start over i do this:

Wipe sd card in laptop

Go to odroid hc4 and turn it on

Odroid exit to console

netboot_default then exit

Install debian buster 10 (not sure on partition setup)

Install debian

Install OMV as instructed HERE

Then follow this setup HERE for the OMV part not the debian bit

Tried hard drives in RAID 0 mode and 1 at a time and side by side

Then install Yacht like this HERE

Install apps using yacht

I have also been trying THIS debian setup

and this OMV SETUP

Ive also tried removing petitboot and used debian and armbian

Ive also updated petitboot from HERE

Hardware:

Odroid HC4

16gb micro sd UHS-1 U1 80mb/s -- got 3 of these 2 weeks old

toshiba 1.8TB -- mechanical passes smart test

western digital 1.8tb -- mechanical passes smart test

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately when you post something like this (especially when it's pointing at empty directories).. it's impossible to help when you don't post the docker-compose file you're using. I suspect you've put your paths improperly in your volumes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Everytime i start over i do this:

Now I know what you are doing. Thought one of us was on drugs.

Paying special attention to the Armbian instructions for -> removing petitboot, try the installation guide found -> here.

Best advice you can find for the price!

post the docker-compose file you're using.

Yes!

• Paying special attention to the Armbian instructions for -> removing petitboot, try the installation guide found -> here.

Installed again following this method. Same result. I cannot appoint root in lidarr. Not sure which file is the docker compose file. I think its the inspect file in portainer? Here it is in text mode and a screenshot.

I thought my username made things obvious :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Installed again following this method. Same result. I cannot appoint root in lidarr. Not sure which file is the docker compose file. I think its the inspect file in portainer? Here it is in text mode and a screenshot.

I thought my username made things obvious :)

If you're using Portainer, post the volumes section. Looking at your inspect, you've not assigned any volumes.

Edit: Nevermind, I see the mount points now.

• Im starting to wonder if the hardware is faulty. Is there some kind of self test for the odroid hc4? The harddrives are green pass on the smart test.

Or what if I reinstall petitboot. Install Debian onto the harddrives? Make the smb folder in /srv ? would that work?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there some kind of self test for the odroid hc4?

I wouldn't assume that there's a hardware issue, based on anything related to issues in setting up a Docker. (Which can be tricky, depending on a variety of factors.)

With SBC's, most hardware issues are related to - in this order:

- A bad SD-card

- Under powering or a bad power supply.

The first is easy, get and test a new card. The second issue is less likely, in your case, because adequate power supplies are part of the HC4 package.

If you think there's a hardware problem, start looking at your logs:

- With PuTTY, scroll through the output of dmesg on the CLI. Most outputs of concern will be in red.

- Look through syslog, in the GUI.

- Activate SMART and look at the stat's of your hard drive(s). (It seems you've already done this.)

The following are the SMART stat's of concern. One or two in the raw count doesn't mean anything, except to be watchful. Four or five and I'd be ordering a new drive as a replacement.

SMART 5 – Reallocated_Sector_Count.

SMART 187 – Reported_Uncorrectable_Errors.

SMART 188 – Command_Timeout.

SMART 197 – Current_Pending_Sector_Count.

SMART 198 – Offline_Uncorrectable.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!