Help im lost

• Ok ive done the #dmesg command in putty. Here are the red bits:

[ 1.969645] thermal thermal_zone0: binding zone cpu-thermal with cdev thermal -cpufreq-0 failed:-17

[ 2.017175] meson-pcie fc000000.pcie: invalid resource

[ 7.631452] panfrost ffe40000.gpu: dev_pm_opp_set_regulators: no regulator (m ali) found: -19

[35452.225074] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): htree_dirblock_to_tree:1030: in ode #15233: block 10503: comm (sd-executor): bad entry in directory: rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=456392, rec_len=0, name_len=0, size=4096

[35452.264930] Aborting journal on device mmcblk0p1-8.

[35452.270182] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): Remounting filesystem read-only

mmcblk0p1 is a 16gb sd card with with 4.39gb in use

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before looking farther, can you return the HC4? Are you still within the return window?

[35452.225074] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p1) : htree_dirblock_to_tree:1030: in ode #15233: block 10503: comm (sd-executor): bad entry in directory: rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=456392, rec_len=0, name_len=0, size=4096

[35452.264930] Aborting journal on device mmcblk0p1-8.

[35452.270182] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): Remounting filesystem read-only

First, if the root file system (the SC-card) is remounted as read-only, no amount of attempts to change permissions to a Docker will matter (Read-only). The system may boot up but it won't change. If all your SD-cards are doing the same thing, it might make sense to buy one more that is NOT the same model you're currently using and give it a try. (Maybe get a less expensive one as a test.)

[ 1.969645] thermal thermal_zone0: binding zone cpu-thermal with cdev thermal -cpufreq-0 failed:-17

This "might" have something to do with it but that's nothing but speculation on my part. I believe (don't know it for a fact) that this is where CPU temp is tied to CPU frequency, so that the OS can throttle the CPU back if it gets too hot. That binding appears to have failed.

If you're overheating, possible with that type of case and no active fan, there should be another message in dmesg. In any case, I think I'd put a house fan right next the HC4, blowing into the vent, to see if a lot of ventilation does the trick.

[ 2.017175] meson-pcie fc000000.pcie: invalid resource

Not sure what this is.

[ 7.631452] panfrost ffe40000.gpu: dev_pm_opp_set_regulators: no regulator (m ali) found: -19

This is an item not present. (The kernel looks for many things.) I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

You might think about searching or posting the errors above, on the Hardkernel forum.

• I went to the store earlier and got 3 brand new sandisk ultras 16gb. First one i formated and tested....all clear.

Flashed it and done the setup again same thing happens, cannot select root (music) folder. I can browse the sd card drive but not the harddrives.

Done dmesg in Putty and now i only have this in red:

1.971933] thermal thermal_zone0: binding zone cpu-thermal with cdev thermal -cpufreq-0 failed:-17

2.020862] meson-pcie fc000000.pcie: invalid resource

7.087549] panfrost ffe40000.gpu: dev_pm_opp_set_regulators: no regulator (m ali) found: -19

And found some info on the fan

https://docs.linuxfactory.or.k…-control-using-fancontrol

https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=41070

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the pic's of the HC4 I didn't see a fan. If there's a fan inside the drive dock / case, it should be moving at least slowly.

Did you try setting it in front of a house fan?

**At least, with the Sandisk card(s), the boot drive is not going read only.**

• It seems to be software now. I can smb transfer data to the hc4 and it stores it.

How is it symlinks can see the drives in /srv but apps running in docker cannot see the drives in /srv.

Apps in docker just see a limited version of the memory card.

• There are two very different places named /srv. One is below the root of your OS disk, the other is inside a running container.

Are you sure you are looking in the right place?

Also, if you have no proper container bind mounts and/or the permissions on them do not allow the running container to access them, you will have problems. This is probably the most commonly seen error.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• That makes no sense. I guess what you did works, but you're essentially putting all your data in that container.

A user could likely delete everything from the webui. Can you show your complete path for tv, download and config

Im just a n00b taking shots in the dark wearing a blindfold. When all the apps are running it might all fall apart and go wrong.

Also what container is this. Can you post a stack or docker-compose you're using

I installed the apps with yacht. It was what i thought the easy way. I will put info up. But so far its worked for lidarr, sonarr and radarr. They can now all see the harddrive folders. If you know a safer or better way let me know. I will finish the setup and test at some point in the next few days.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Im just a n00b taking shots in the dark wearing a blindfold. When all the apps are running it might all fall apart and go wrong.

I installed the apps with yacht. It was what i thought the easy way. I will put info up. But so far its worked for lidarr, sonarr and radarr. They can now all see the harddrive folders. If you know a safer or better way let me know. I will finish the setup and test at some point in the next few days.

I'm not familiar w/ Yacht, but the screenshots you were posting looked like Portainer. It just doesn't make sense sharing /srv works, but sharing /srv/some--uuid/Downloads, doesn't.

• How you ask?

Install OMV

Setup OMV

Install docker

Install Portainer

Install yacht

Setup yacht templates in settings

Setup yacht selfhosted

Browse apps and install apps required

---------------------------------------------------------

At this point open all apps and they have had the same problem causing me to run this setup like 5 times a day for the last 2 weeks getting nowhere because I know next to nothing about armbian, linux and debian systems. I dont even know where all these logfiles you request are. Sifting through oceans of guides and docuementation just to get it running in some shape or form.

--------------------------------------------------------

After the memory card problems I was pretty sure it was software and permissions related so I went and looked around in portainer. Selected the app and hit edit. Looked at the settings over and over and took a logical guess to put /srv in those boxes with bind. Then saved and redeployed.

Bingo I made progress.

Is it a longterm fix or just going to create other problems? I will tell you after the weekend.

Is it a bug in yacht with permissions? Or the apps? Is it specific to odroid hc4?

No idea but it sure has caused me alot grief along with bad sd cards.

If there is some specific log you want you need to tell me how to get it because im clueless compared to most of you on here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No I couldn't understand why you kept referencing Yacht, but were posting pics of Portainer (I don't think Portainer is required to use Yacht... and vice versa I'm sure of).

I usually use stacks in Portainer and have very limited experience with Yacht, but something isn't right. Yacht is still under pretty heavy development as I recall, so it could be a problem they are aware of and haven't fixed yet... as I said I don't follow it. I would try to fix the problem rather than just "taking a stab in the dark" and waiting on it to break again.

What all are you trying to install? I assume Lidarr, Sonarr, etc.?

• Aren't they the same: a webfront to docker?!?

I always assumed that you either use Portainer or Yatch, NOT both but I may be way offtrack.

Also, since I don't use either, I'm not the best person to speak...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Aren't they the same: a webfront to docker?!?

I always assumed that you either use Portainer or Yatch, NOT both but I may be way offtrack.

Also, since I don't use either, I'm not the best person to speak...

Essentially, yes... Kinda like Cockpit to Portainer.. they have just as many differences as similarities. You can use both if you wanted to I guess.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Essentially, yes... Kinda like Cockpit to Portainer.. they have just as many differences as similarities. You can use both if you wanted to I guess.

The thing I like about Portainer vs Cockpit and Yacht... is the ability to use docker-compose via Stacks. I'm not sure if Portainer is the "recommended" tool for a docker GUI.. but it should be IMO. It is so much easier when new users, of which there are many here... when they're having trouble like the OP, to just tell the to post their docker-compose file... and a lot of times a problem can be seen by some of the more experienced users. Otherwise, again, just like the OP, they end up posting 50 screen shots of their volumes, environment variables, etc. I was impressed he knew how to post his docker inspect on the container he's trying to get going.. most don't know how to do this... but a compose file is still easier to read.

My main confusion with him was in one post he's talking about Yacht and symlinks, and in the next he's posting pics of Portainer and using his full absolute paths... which is fine, I just couldn't understand what he was doing and what he was trying to accomlish..

• Offizieller Beitrag

It seems to be software now. I can smb transfer data to the hc4 and it stores it.

Just to be clear, so that other readers will understand;

The SanDisk SD-card worked, where the other generic cards were going read-only, correct?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The above quote is from post #10 or so. Based on the setup links in it I think the op is on a totally different wavelength from those of us who are trying to help him.

definately-a-n00b my advice to you is to perform a fresh install using this tutorial. Don’t mix in how-tos from Odroid/Hardkernel or any video tutorials. Stick to this one guide, first to last.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!