(Beginner here) Trying to set up RAID 5 but I keep getting an error

• So I've literally just finished putting together my first nas. Obviously I installed Openmediavault 6.0 and when I go to the storage tab to set up RAID, I keep getting this error.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkraid /dev/md0 -l raid5 -n 4 -N Data Vault /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde 2>&1' with exit code '1': mdadm: You have listed more devices (5) than are in the array(4)!

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkraid /dev/md0 -l raid5 -n 4 -N Data Vault /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde 2>&1' with exit code '1': mdadm: You have listed more devices (5) than are in the array(4)! in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:195

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/raidmgmt.inc(300): OMV\System\Process->execute()

#1 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\RaidMgmt->create(Array, Array)

#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('create', Array, Array)

#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('RaidMgmt', 'create', Array, Array, 1)

#5 {main}

I have four 2TB hard drives and they're all visible by openmediavault. I don't know why it says I've listed more devices than are in the array because I only have 4 drives installed.. how can I be selecting more if there's no others installed?? I've also tried Striped and other raid modes but I keep getting the same error. Until I get this resolved, all of my work was for nothing.. someone please give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong. I'm very experienced when it comes to building computers and diagnosing windows based issues, but this is only the 2nd time I've played with a Linux based os.. In other words I'm a noob here.

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!