Resize columns in WebGui

• I will go through and fix more of the widths once we get to new version. Most of the plugins are pretty much done in .5 now. That screen you show is Volker's code. If something on his codes needs to be adjusted request it in bug tracker. He may adjust the columns. For the serial number you need this code added to the column. It looks like same width would work well with the model column too.

Code
    width :  20,

I could show you how to manually edit it but the changes will be lost with every version upgrade of OMV.

• Here are the 2 functions for the 2 columns mentioned above. @
    /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/storage/physicaldisk/PhysicalDisk.js

Here they are adjusted with a width setting. There are diferent things you can use to handle widith bedisdee "width".

PS- If you ever manually edit files you should make a backup copy first. Then put it in a /scratch forlder or something. That way if you mess up you can just delete the messed up file and put back the old one.

• Thanks for the clarification, with my Synology (DSM 5 beta) for example the windows sizes and positions are saved, so when I log in the environment is restored.
    I was thinking that something similar was possible also in OMV.

Zitat

I could show you how to manually edit it but the changes will be lost with every version upgrade of OMV.

It could be interesting, perhaps I could "automate" the edits in the source files.
    If is a simple thing to explain I'm interested, I don't want to bother you with a long and complex explanation, I don't want to waste your time :)

EDIT: Thanks! I will take a look to the code tomorrow. Thank you again.

• Well if Volker put a flex 1 on the coding it would hold it for a while. But it seems that changes are evenatually lost. I find it is best to just put in a fixed width that works well with whatever data is being rendered.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "tekkbebe"

I will go through and fix more of the widths once we get to new version. Most of the plugins are pretty much done in .5 now. That screen you show is Volker's code. If something on his codes needs to be adjusted request it in bug tracker. He may adjust the columns. For the serial number you need this code added to the column. It looks like same width would work well with the model column too.

Code
    width :  20,

No column should have a predefined width without sense. Currently only number columns and columns with icons have predefined witdths. If a user changes the size they will be stored in a browser cookie. Using flexible columns make sense in some situations, but not all.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!