OMV using telegraf or collectd to send to influxdb

• Hi,

i have omv 5 running inside a vm on my proxmox host and a Pi running grafana + influxdb for collecting data. Since i passed through a LSI-card for my HDDs i can only collect the smart data and write/read-performance from within omv. is there any way i can send the system stats to my influxdb? The gui has no options for that, and i dont want to mess with configs omv will then rewrite on the next update.

• i dont want to mess with configs omv will then rewrite on the next update.

next 5.x release will have a feature to flag the config files maintained by OMV clearly.

I'd doubt the requested feature will be implemented by OMV because it seems to be a unique setup and not in line with OMV approach to simplify a NAS setup.

Just my 2 cent ;-)

openmediavault (5.6.13-1) stable; urgency=low
    * Issue #986: Divert files modified by openmediavault to prevent
    problems when package updates want to override them.

omv 5.6.12-1 (usul) on RPi4/4GB with Kernel 5.10.17 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 6TB HDD formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• i think you are right about this being an edge-case and not really in the scope of the dev. i got it working with telegraf (which does not touch any omv-maintained configs at all). thanks for your input anyways

• i got it working with telegraf

good to hear, maybe you wanted to post the solution to git and post a link here?

omv 5.6.12-1 (usul) on RPi4/4GB with Kernel 5.10.17 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 6TB HDD formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• agepee

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!