HELP! OS usb drive went read-only during upgrade to 5.x from 4

• I tried upgrading my OMV NAS to version 5 and the box never came back up after the first reboot. It appears the system drive (a 32gb flash drive) went read-only.
    After much trial and error, I decided to do a fresh install on a new disk and recover the system. The new disk, running OMV 5, immediately recognized the RAID 5 array, but no filesystem.

How do I recover my files?

• # cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

# mdadm.conf

#

# !NB! Run update-initramfs -u after updating this file.

# !NB! This will ensure that initramfs has an uptodate copy.

#

# Please refer to mdadm.conf(5) for information about this file.

#

# by default (built-in), scan all partitions (/proc/partitions) and all

# containers for MD superblocks. alternatively, specify devices to scan, using

# wildcards if desired.

#DEVICE partitions containers

# automatically tag new arrays as belonging to the local system

HOMEHOST <system>

# instruct the monitoring daemon where to send mail alerts

MAILADDR root

# definitions of existing MD arrays

# This configuration was auto-generated on Mon, 21 Sep 2020 15:28:38 +0000 by mkconf

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think that is a bad sign.. (not sure how that could have happened)...

I would agree as I read this yesterday, the output from #3 is not good, there is also no information re hardware or how the upgrade was done, we've gone from a clean install recognising the array to mdadm saying there's nothing there.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would agree as I read this yesterday, the output from #3 is not good, there is also no information re hardware or how the upgrade was done, we've gone from a clean install recognising the array to mdadm saying there's nothing there.

I was wondering if maybe he did the reinstall w/ the storage drives connected... and maybe overwrote something on one of the drives? Hopefully he doesn't learn the hard way how accurate your signature is

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!