OMV4 Update fail | apt-get update or apt update also fail.

• Today July 23th 2021, noticed this error for the first time, the output below:

I always try to run the updates using the user interface web admin page of the OMV4, but even when testing using ssh to connect to the device I get the same error.

• jairunet

Hat den Titel des Themas von „OMV Update fail“ zu „OMV4 Update fail | apt-get update or apt update also fail.“ geändert.
  • Noted.

Can I upgrade without losing the RAID configuration I have set up in this NAS?

I think that will be my # 1 concern. I appreciate any documentation, guide link, or advice.

Sincerely,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Make sure to carefully read, understand and follow the instructions:

Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5)

Even if you do a fresh install you will be able to mount the filesystem on the RAID. You can even mount it on any Linux distro that has mdadm installed.

After a fresh install you would have to do all the configuration (shared folder, smb, ftp etc) manually.

• Same here with My OMV4 production server.

df -h / : /dev/nvme0n1p1  226G  172G   44G  80% /

awk '$2 == "/" { print $4 }' /proc/mounts : rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro

omv-aptclean ends with

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • Hello there macom, Thank you very much by the way for your great help.

In post # 2, I did what post # 9 says:

To first solve the error I am getting in version OMV4.x and in preparation to upgrade to OMV5.x, however. I am getting this error now:

Is it OK to ignore it and move forward with the OMV4 to OMV5 upgrade instructions?

Thank you again in advance,

• see post #2

Thanks.

I ran:

For now my production OMV4 box seems more stable while I bring my new machine online. I hope to have the new one finished before OMV6 is deemed 'release.'

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!