omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x (done)

• Would it be possible to add an option to the Kernel Plugin that allows to delete old unused kernels?

The entry in grub doesn't translate very well to the package name. Have you looked at the apttool plugin?

omv 6.0.40-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• openmediavault-kvm 6.1.1 (missed a couple of last minute changes in the 6.1 package) in the testing repo. It adds a lot of new features/changes. This is why it is in the testing repo.

* Use ksm for better performance on support systems

* Use virsh for better actions on removal/adding

* Use virt-install to create VM xml to eliminate need to maintain xml in plugin

* Add Backup tab to view backups and run a backup again

* Add Restore tab to restore backups to same or new VM

* Add Schedule tab to schedule VM backups and run manual backups

* Add/Remove filesystem passthrough to guest

omv 6.0.40-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11

Edited once, last by ryecoaaron ().

• openmediavault-kvm 6.1.2 is in the repo. It adds the ability to keep X number of most recent backups.

• please can you rename plugin fail2ban -> Fail2ban? Otherwise, it is constantly at the end of the list, and all the rest are in alphabetical order.

Sure. There are three plugins like this - sftp, fail2ban, tgt. They are have all always been like this by the way. I'm not going to release a new package just for the rename though.

• openmediavault-kvm 6.1.4 in testing repo. Now has a VM status dashboard widget.

• omv 6.0.40-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11

• openmediavault-omvextrasorg 6.0.8 is in the repo now. It adds the ability to use a TLS/https via a cert selector. Feature added by @crazygolem

• In the list of plugins, the name has changed - Fail2ban, but in the services it has remained the same - fail2ban.

I just updated the code. I didn't release a new package as I mentioned in post 630. I didn't feel this change needed a new package release. So, it will go out when the plugin gets changed again.

• ryecoaaron thanks for porting over remote-mount, I just successfully upgraded both of my servers to v6 and they are working perfectly. 👍

Main Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N40L, 8GB ECC Ram, p410 HW Raid Controller w/ 512MB BBWC, Intel Dual GigE NIC, Icy Dock MB602SPO-B
    Storage: 4x 4TB WD RED HDD's, HW Raid5
    Backup Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N36L, 8GB Ram, Intel GigE NIC
    Storage: 4x 6TB HDD's, SW Raid10

• Is one of the two servers a backup?

Yes. I've been looking at offsite options but haven't found anything affordable yet.

Backblaze Computer Backup would have been great, but doesn't support Linux.

Main Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N40L, 8GB ECC Ram, p410 HW Raid Controller w/ 512MB BBWC, Intel Dual GigE NIC, Icy Dock MB602SPO-B
    Storage: 4x 4TB WD RED HDD's, HW Raid5
    Backup Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N36L, 8GB Ram, Intel GigE NIC
    Storage: 4x 6TB HDD's, SW Raid10

• hi, it's possible or project to release in the future

an implementation of the mergerfs-tools?

many users use the MergerFS plugin

if there is an error in this request, please del the comment

• an implementation of the mergerfs-tools?

I started adding the balance and dedupe tools a while back and just haven't had a chance to release them - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…cdb5c5e9b43b6b70deb82f474

• openmediavault-unionfilesystems - moving to openmediavault-mergerfs - done

Even though i got latest updates to version 5.6.28
    It still shows

Code
    ii  omvextras-unionbackend            5.0.2                        all          union filesystems backend plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault-unionfilesystems   5.1.4                        all          Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.

Am i supposed to install the new mergerFS plugin and then uninstall unionfilesystems before i upgrade to 6.0?
    The process is not clear.

I simply looked at the plugin list and saw all my plugins listed as done or moved.

So assumed omv-release-upgrade would do a clean upgrade

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!