omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x (done)

• thanks for your effort ryecoaaron , you are the best.

str0hlke I can see both.

• Error with Dedup

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; mergerfs.dedup --execute -vv --dedup=oldest /srv/806b304e-bcf9-4b55-a752-422baf9c75af' with exit code '1': # /srv/806b304e-bcf9-4b55-a752-422baf9c75af/aquota.user

rm -vf /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN3EQ06/aquota.user

# [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN3EQ06/aquota.user'

rm -vf /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN2RNK4/aquota.user

# [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN2RNK4/aquota.user'

# /srv/806b304e-bcf9-4b55-a752-422baf9c75af/aquota.group

rm -vf /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN3EQ06/aquota.group

# [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN3EQ06/aquota.group'

rm -vf /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN2RNK4/aquota.group

# [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN2RNK4/aquota.group'

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; mergerfs.dedup --execute -vv --dedup=oldest /srv/806b304e-bcf9-4b55-a752-422baf9c75af' with exit code '1': # /srv/806b304e-bcf9-4b55-a752-422baf9c75af/aquota.user

rm -vf /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN3EQ06/aquota.user

# [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN3EQ06/aquota.user'

rm -vf /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN2RNK4/aquota.user

# [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN2RNK4/aquota.user'

# /srv/806b304e-bcf9-4b55-a752-422baf9c75af/aquota.group

rm -vf /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN3EQ06/aquota.group

# [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN3EQ06/aquota.group'

rm -vf /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN2RNK4/aquota.group

# [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WFN2RNK4/aquota.group' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/mergerfs.inc:211

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): OMVRpcServiceMergerfs->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusSv...', '/tmp/bgoutput6Z...')

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/mergerfs.inc(214): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceMergerfs->toolsCommand(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('toolsCommand', Array, Array)

#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Mergerfs', 'toolsCommand', Array, Array, 1)

#6 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

Error with Dedup

Not an error with dedup and nothing I can do to fix that. If you choose the root of a mount point for a folder with quotas enabled, dedup will never be able to dedup the aquota files. You either have to use a subfolder or disable quotas (search the forum).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thinking about upgrading from OMV5 to OMV6 within the next couple of weeks. I'm currently using OMV-diskstats and OMV-ClamAV as extensions, but understand they have been integrated into "base" OMV6 in the meantime.

Does that mean that I should deinstall them as omv-extras extensions before upgrading or can I just keep them, so that settings are migrated?

Any advice appreciated...

• Thanks, macom . Never realized there were different sources behind the extensions. But I can see it now, as I activiated the "homepage" column in the extension section!

Just to make sure: That means I do NOT have to deinstall those plugins before upgrading, right?

• Hi, I'm re-setting up my NAS from scratch on OMV6 (omv-release-upgrade had a fatal error - many tears later...).
    Can someone explain what the fstab checkbox option in the new mergerfs plugin does? I have 3 'merged' file systems that over lap - hopefully that is not a problem - that I left the default as: disabled.
    However, I'm getting this error from snapraid when trying to setup exclusion rules up for:

Thanks, Antony

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can someone explain what the fstab checkbox option in the new mergerfs plugin does? I have 3 'merged' file systems that over lap - hopefully that is not a problem - that I left the default as: disabled.

While it will be going away, it tells the plugin to generate fstab entries instead of systemd mount files. systemd mount files should be better.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea what is causing the error when setting up the snapraid rule?

The sharerootfs plugin is not installed. It is needed for the directory picker uses to show directories. I missed adding it as a dependency for the snapraid plugin.

• The sharerootfs plugin is not installed. It is needed for the directory picker uses to show directories. I missed adding it as a dependency for the snapraid plugin.

Need I take action?

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • Need I take action?

Are you having problems? If yes, install the sharerootfs plugin or wait for ryecoaaron to fix it.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

All the fix will do is install the sharerootfs plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any plan to make it possible to install the OMV-extras plugins via the web interface like it is possible in OMV5?

That is a core OMV decision. So, it is unlikely. Why? I recommended installing from the command line long before OMV 6 because the script guarantees the correct version.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any plan to make it possible to install the OMV-extras plugins via the web interface like it is possible in OMV5?

Getting on the CLI is easy -> here.

There's two ways to install OMV-Extras as noted -> here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is needed for the directory picker uses to show directories. I missed adding it as a dependency for the snapraid plugin.

Is the sharerootfs plugin needed for any of the other plugins (other than snapraid)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the sharerootfs plugin needed for any of the other plugins (other than snapraid)?

It automatically installed when I installed symlinks plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The developer, kvm, snapraid, symlinks, and tgt plugins all use it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!