omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x (done)

• 58 very impressive!

Did you install Docker on OMV6 via the GUI fresh or did you re-use a Docker installation from previous versions (OMV5)?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I read that OMV6 is still beta.

It is not beta and docker has nothing to do with OMV. omv-extras installs docker on OMV 6 just like it did on OMV 5. I also wouldn't use a mergerfs pool for your docker path.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I had to de-install Docker and install new. Luckily de-installing via OMV does not delete my containers.

After re-install Docker is now up and running. And yes, I am pointing the docker folder to a device path and not a mergerfc pool. thanks for the tip.

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

• Hi,

I wanted to upgrade from OMV6 but this line is stopping me:

Zitat

openmediavault-unionfilesystems - moving to openmediavault-mergerfs - done

I'm currently using unionfilesystems so that I can see my two disks as unique one.

Before upgrading I need to uninstall it? If yes, do I need to do anything?

Also, what about diskstats? I can't see it in the list

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm currently using unionfilesystems so that I can see my two disks as unique one.

Before upgrading I need to uninstall it? If yes, do I need to do anything?

You don't have to do anything. The upgrade process should install openmediavault-mergerfs, migrate your unionfilesystems pool (which is mergerfs too), and remove unionfilesystems.

Also, what about diskstats? I can't see it in the list

That is a core omv plugin not an omv-extras plugin. And it is available on omv6.

• Zitat

You don't have to do anything. The upgrade process should install openmediavault-mergerfs, migrate your unionfilesystems pool (which is mergerfs too), and remove unionfilesystems.

Thanks! From the post I didn't have clear if I had to it manually.

Also thanks again for the diskstats answer :)

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't have clear if I had to it manually.

I changed the first post to make that more clear.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Sorry to disturb so soon but after the upgrade I got this error:

I went into the new OMV webUI and in mergeFS I had nothing.

It's not an issue if I have to create manually a new pool, but I fear that there might some dirt in the system. Do i need to check anything in particular?

After the update i didn't touch anything, in the webui I have a pending configuration change but I was waiting before give an ok.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

It might have failed because your pool is already mounted. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openme

• I also noticed that the pool is still avaible from windows, even if it's not the file system tab:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just uploaded a new version of the mergerfs plugin. So,

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install openmediavault-mergerfs

if that goes well:

sudo apt-get purge openmediavault-unionfilesystems

• My "special" ability in finding bugs in open source projects strikes again T_T

BTW it worked :D thanks a lot!

• My "special" ability in finding bugs in open source projects strikes again T_T

I feel you! The list of issues I opened on GitHub is fairly long :)

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), 2x16TB HDDs w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The list of issues I opened on GitHub is fairly long

This usually means you use plugins in strange ways that my brain doesn't think of lol

• This usually means you use plugins in strange ways that my brain doesn't think of lol

Your plugins are great, I am referring to open source software in general. I opened a couple of issues to your repos but were actually requests more than issues. I reported a couple of real issues to OMV itstelf though.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), 2x16TB HDDs w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• Offizieller Beitrag

can you add swap file usage data to the "Memory Usage" plugin, or make it a separate plugin?

Memory usage is a core OMV widget. Wondering if it would look better as a second ring on the current memory widget?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Memory usage is a core OMV widget. Wondering if it [swap file usage] would look better as a second ring on the current memory widget?

Since they're both memory related, I think that's a very good idea.

• Memory usage is a core OMV widget. Wondering if it would look better as a second ring on the current memory widget?

Yes, second circle in the widget "Memory Usage" is better than the separate widget.

Can you also combine widgets CPU Temp and CPU Utilization into one widget?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!