omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x (done)

• i was not able to copy it full. anyhow i gave up and restored the VM backup with 5.6, as I realized I was already in a state where a starting from a fresh install would be easier. i will give it another try during the weekend, this time not removing the unionfilessystem plugin. i am just wondering if it would be possible to implement in the mergerfs plugin the automated removal of the old unionfs plugin and updating directly...

SuperMicro CSE-825, X11SSH-F, Xeon E3-1240v6, 32 GB ECC RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA controller, 2x 8 TB, 1x 4 TB, 1x3TB, MergerFS+SnapRAID

Powered by Proxmox VE

• Offizieller Beitrag

i am just wondering if it would be possible to implement in the mergerfs plugin the automated removal of the old unionfs plugin and updating directly...

I will have to add that to the omv-extras 5 upgrade script.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This is great! I can definitely work with that. Much appreciated, especially for the example, which I will definitely reuse and adjust. Thanks once again!

• ryecoaaron, I noticed that when I click on the Open Web button, the sidebar closes. Is it possible to fix this or is it a problem on the side of the OMV?

And you consider that an issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some people have tic - tic - tic - tics. ^^

• ryecoaaron, I noticed that when I click on the Open Web button, the sidebar closes. Is it possible to fix this or is it a problem on the side of the OMV?

Maybe ryecoaaron should stop to port the remaining plugins and fix this issue asap.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe ryecoaaron should stop to port the remaining plugins and fix this issue asap.

:/ Absolutely.

• gave another try to upgrading to OMV 6.x, but still no luck.

first i have noticed that there was an update to omvextras version 5.x today. during my previous update attempt, omvextras 6.x got installed automatically, but not this time, i had to use wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash.

afterwards i tried to install mergerfs, WITHOUT removing unionfs first and this is what i got: https://pastebin.com/BNS193Pp

i tried to restart my system and noticed both unionfs 5.x and mergerfs 6.x plugins are present in the system and my shares are still not working

tried removing unionfs again, this time with this error: https://pastebin.com/a4VzYw1e (message too long to paste here)

At the end i have decided to start with a fresh install, will take a long time to set up probably...

edit: fresh install is also causing problems:

SuperMicro CSE-825, X11SSH-F, Xeon E3-1240v6, 32 GB ECC RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA controller, 2x 8 TB, 1x 4 TB, 1x3TB, MergerFS+SnapRAID

Powered by Proxmox VE

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von molnart ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: sudo omv-showkey mergerfs

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• no idea as I reverted again. i need openmediavault working so that my whole house is able to operate, so my last two nights were like spending a few hours trying to get it work, then reverting to 5.x before going to sleep. and since yesteday's session took until 4 AM, i am not gonna attempt again for a while ;)