omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x

• Reading these things:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/openvpn-as

appointment:

DEPRECATION NOTICE

This image is deprecated. We will not offer support for this image and it will not be updated. We recommend our wireguard image instead for vpn: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-wireguard

Maybe there are some plugins like openvpn that could be removed. In this case, installing wireguard through docker is simple and works better than openvpn.

Edit: I just posted a guide to installing Wireguard. I leave here the link for the one that may interest you. [How-To] Install Wireguard (VPN) in docker, server mode

OMV 5, Intel core i3 3225, 8GB RAM, PendriveUSB system, ZFS RaidZ 5xWD Red 4TB, 1x120GB SSD Docker

I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. I translate with google, sorry if sometimes you don't understand me well:)

Make a backup now. You don't want to miss it next week !!

Edited once, last by chente ().

• In the past a release with a new debian version has waited for the x.1 version to come out. 11.1 has just come out so that is not holding it up anymore. It still has to be ready though.

If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

• In the past a release with a new debian version has waited for the x.1 version to come out. 11.1 has just come out so that is not holding it up anymore. It still has to be ready though.

That's been a general idea for OMV yes. However this thread is about omv-extras... which is totally different. He's mentioned quite a few times he's got a heavy work load right now, and a lot of the plugins (most?) have required a complete rewrite for OMV 6. That's why he has the list in the OP and what the status is on the plugins he's planning to port.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• Any idea, when openmediavault-zfs will be ported?

No stress at all. My omv is absolutely stable. I only want to understand the priority of this plugin in the big picture. ;)

Thanks and regards Hoppel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    frontend software - tvos | android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
    frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
    -------------------------------------------
    backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
    backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Any idea, when openmediavault-zfs will be ported?

Nope. But since it needs to be rewritten much more than any other plugin, not any time soon. The priority to port it is lower than many others for me.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Nope. But since it needs to be rewritten much more than any other plugin, not any time soon. The priority to port it is lower than many others for me.

Until the ZFS plugin is there, is it possible to mount a ZFS system in CLI and work with OMV? Is the complement essential?

OMV 5, Intel core i3 3225, 8GB RAM, PendriveUSB system, ZFS RaidZ 5xWD Red 4TB, 1x120GB SSD Docker

I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. I translate with google, sorry if sometimes you don't understand me well:)

• Ok, thank you for the information. I will be patient.

Regards Hoppel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    frontend software - tvos | android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
    frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
    -------------------------------------------
    backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
    backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Until the ZFS plugin is there, is it possible to mount a ZFS system in CLI and work with OMV? Is the complement essential?

Sure. If you setup zfs, it is just a mount point. So, if you install the sharerootfs plugin, you can pick that mount point to create shared folders from. You might get an error in the Filesystems tab because there is no backend. I didn't try though. I could release the plugin with no interface but with the backend pretty easily.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I could release the plugin with no interface but with the backend pretty easily.

That would be of great help if you solve the problem. Setting up ZFS in the CLI is child's play.

There is no rush, of course. At your own pace and in order.

• . I could release the plugin with no interface but with the backend pretty easily.

Really good news for ZFS users.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!