omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x (done)

• sorry tested o latest 6.0.4.1 and do not work as expected, plugin only show:

that is the menu show in boot, i need to manually hit enter on this first menu on boot to show a second menu/window that show all the kernell installed.

I do a normal iso install from scratch, so I do not know why I have a simple munu and a submenu with kernells and you show a main menu with all kernells ( my submenu).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no idea why it isn't running (or not working) on your system but what is the output of:

grep GRUB_DISABLE_SUBMENU /etc/default/grub

sudo omv-grubiso disablesubmenu

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have no idea why it isn't running (or not working) on your system but what is the output of:

sudo omv-grubiso disablesubmenu

here are your request:

and now works as expected on webGUI:

sorry for inconvenience, but i Really never touch Grub submenu, is installed at this way from the latest ISO

I use rufus to burn the ISO inthe USB_boot_key, in DD mode instead in ISO Mode, perhaps that is the origen of the problem, i do more test to be sure.

at last: Thanks a lot for your time and efforts.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I lost the grub submenu command when I moved the kernel stuff to the new kernel plugin. I will add it back.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I lost the grub submenu command when I moved the kernel stuff to the new kernel plugin. I will add it back.

Sorry to bring this here but, if you need a github issue created, I'll do it:

Just saw now, that the omv-kernel plugin is available and visible on the Pi (SBC).

I recall you stating (somewhere) that it's only visible to x86_64.

And for good reason since it won't work on SBCs (AFAIK)

On OMV5, I never saw it (or I did in a really early version)

So, I just tried it, and it even installed, :/

Haven't done anything else but, I believe it will kill the installation, if I do, correct?

Can this be reverted as how it is on the OMV5?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry to bring this here but, if you need a github issue created, I'll do it:

Just saw now, that the omv-kernel plugin is available and visible on the Pi (SBC).

I recall you stating (somewhere) that it's only visible to x86_64.

And for good reason since it won't work on SBCs (AFAIK)

I accidentally pushed it there and fixed it already - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…8df040fe9bb00e48ae636b7d4. I just can't remove it from your cache. The scripts won't do anything because they check architecture. So, even if someone installs it, they shouldn't cause any problems.

On OMV5, I never saw it (or I did in a really early version)

The OMV 5 version of omv-extras hid the kernel tab when arm was detected.

So, I just tried it, and it even installed,

I'm not sure why but ok.

Haven't done anything else but, I believe it will kill the installation, if I do, correct?

No, it won't kill the installation. All of the kernel things have an architecture check. All of the grub things won't work since RPi (and all arm boards) don't use grub. Worst thing you could do is download an iso to /boot.

Can this be reverted as how it is on the OMV5?

Nope. There is no why to dynamically hide a tab based on architecture. I accidentally pushed it. This shouldn't mean I have to redesign everything. As I said, the scripts have guard rails in place. If someone installs, I would be curious why or if they do cause harm to their system.

• As I said, the scripts have guard rails in place. If someone installs, I would be curious why or if they do cause harm to their system.

Thank you for the run down on the topics.

I just tried the installation of the plugin, when I saw it available, to see if it would spit out any error.

Since it installed, I was surprised.

And, I know that SBCs don't use grub (have I ever mentioned I hate grub?!? ) so clicking any of the available options won't harm the SBC "bootloader" (I can/will try it, this is a test Pi).

Will post the outcome of this, ;)

Worst thing you could do is download an iso to /boot.

With a 256Mb boot partition, curious what will happen if it's full, :/

[EDIT]

Doubts cleared, no matter which system I choose, it will throw that it's unsupported, ;)

All is good on SBC world, :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

You marked the rsnapshot as done

This means I think the code is done being ported to 6.x. I just need to test it more before uploading it. Hopefully not too much longer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just thought I have an issue on my end

The rollout on my end has not been very smooth or fast.

• Thanks for porting WOL plugin, I test it and detected that I can use any character to separate data, and only ":" works, so perhaps some type of filtering must be used or some type of aclaratory text must be added to be clear.

eg:

do not work

Works as expected.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I test it and detected that I can use any character to separate data, and only ":" works, so perhaps some type of filtering must be used or some type of aclaratory text must be added to be clear.

The plugin has never filtered the text. I will look at adding it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Suggestion/Question

Since Portainer is offering their Business Edition for free (up to 5 nodes) is it possible to add this option? and/or the option for the Portainer Agent?

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…lt-omvextrasorg/issues/63

• Offizieller Beitrag

The mergerfs plugin is now in the repo. Just remember that it is almost a complete rewrite and the move to systemd mount files might need some tweaking. If you add shared folder(s) to a pool and save it, it will convert them to paths. The shared folder select is just to make adding paths easier.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just added the zfs backend back to the repo. I fixed the backend for the OMV 6.x changes and it will import your existing pools into the database on install. If you need to create new pool after installing the plugin, run:

sudo omv-rpc -u admin "zfs" "getObjectTree" '{}'

This command does exactly the same thing that the plugin web interface used to do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just added the zfs backend back to the repo

You have taken cruising speed. In a few days you finish everything at this rate. :)

• So with my inclination to tinker, I removed Portainer CE and installed Portainer EE (from the GUI, OMV-extras 6.04).

It installed fine, and then I removed it, and re-installed CE. Again this worked, fine (the first time).

I went through this entire process a second time (because the first time, I misunderstood the way the "Use EE" flag and the save changes in the GUI worked---so I was running through the entire thing to make sure I understood the correct sequence.

After that, for a while, I couldn't get either Portainer version to run correctly (each container would restart immediately on launch and the Portainer webpage was inaccessible.

Posting, so that anyone else thinking of "testing" this on setup, might think twice of trying to switch back and forth between versions. I'm not quite sure what the conflict with the two versions are. As far as I can tell, they install in the same paths, and the EE version picked up my previously defined containers right away etc. But there is some gremlin there in switching between the two...

• rSnapshot: I can't get it installed. 'Normal' OMV605 install, Docker/Portainer.

After installation I get a '500 - internal server error - failed to read from socket: connection reset by peer'. Logscreen

Closing this log-screen and refreshing the plugin-screen looks like the plugin is 'installed'. After adding/creating a rsnapshot task it ends up with an error 400 bad request, the value null is not a string. :/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!